Is the resolution worse than the htc inspire?

ocanyc

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Im currently on the inspire and debating to pick an infuse up. The resolution is kind of holding me back where I've read its hard to read small text on browser? I've also seen where you see the checker effect when zooming in the browser, and that reminds me too much of the blackberry torch where you would see that. The blackberry torch also had a bad resolution screen, pictures zoomed in the browser would look pixelated. Is anyone noticing this on the infuse?

runnincajun13

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the infuse and I just tried it, and I don't see checkered it zoomsin as fast as I move my fingers with no hesitation. Now resolution compared to the inspire, I just compared to my friend who has the inspire and her inspire was brighter than mine but that was due to the auto brightness on the phones and her display did seem a tad bit more enhanced than mine..

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. But the HTCs display in general is not compared really to the Infuse Display. Super Amoled+ is a true winner with color saturation. You also can see it well in direct sunlight. Plus, the screens a little bigger. And bigger is better lol

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i have the Infuse. i've never owned an Inspire, but i did play with it, for a LONG time in several different AT&T stores while trying to decide if i was going to wait for the Infuse. the display is one of the biggest reasons i went with the Infuse over the Inspire. i really think the display on the Samsung str8 stomps the HTC. i wanted to want the Inspire, i really did, the price was AWESOME, but the i just couldn't get over the difference in display. btw - i have not noticed the pixilated text, but YES i do get some checkerboarding when i zoom in and out, online. it really doesn't last, though, it disappears right away.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Im currently on the inspire and debating to pick an infuse up. The resolution is kind of holding me back where I've read its hard to read small text on browser? I've also seen where you see the checker effect when zooming in the browser, and that reminds me too much of the blackberry torch where you would see that. The blackberry torch also had a bad resolution screen, pictures zoomed in the browser would look pixelated. Is anyone noticing this on the infuse?

Same resolution but on a bigger screen = bigger pixels on the Infuse. Having said that, the SAMOLED+ technology offers MORE subpixels than the Inspire, which means the Infuse ends up having a better, crisper, more detailed screen (even though, by technical terms, it is the exact same resolution). The screen is insanely beautiful; no way to really describe the SAMOLED+ technology.

As for the small text isssue... that's a non-issue for me, haven't noticed at all.

As for the checkerboarding issue... I have only noticed this if I attempt to zoom in on a page before it's fully loaded. And even then, on some pages, it doesn't do that. BUT, I think one should wait until a page fully loads anyway, before trying to zoom in or move it around or whatever.

That's my $0.02, Hope it's helpful. I love the Infuse 4G. It has greatly exceeded my expectations,:D

Reactions: Terrigno

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I may be amongst a very small minority, but I was not very impressed by the Infuse's display. WVGA stretched over a 4.5 inch screen looks very pixelated.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I may be amongst a very small minority, but I was not very impressed by the Infuse's display. WVGA stretched over a 4.5 inch screen looks very pixelated.

Theres no way you can think the Atrix screen looks better then the Infuse's right? lol personal opinion is fine. qHD was great on the Atrix. But the Infuse is a step higher. A big step at that.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Theres no way you can think the Atrix screen looks better then the Infuse's right? lol personal opinion is fine. qHD was great on the Atrix. But the Infuse is a step higher. A big step at that.

How is it a step higher? The resolution is lower, and the screen is a half inch larger.It makes everything looks stretched out.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well i think that Atrix screen looks better LOL and yes its purely my own personal opinion:) some people prefer bright vivid colors of SAmoled+ others like me prefer qHD's higher pixel density;) so it all depends on ones preferences :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21