Can't Download Wireless Tether for Root Users

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
carriers are starting to block.these apps since these are illegal activity your stealing data. but if you know where to look u can find these apps

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just Google "Wireless Tether Android" and download the app directly from the developer's Google dev site.

Sent by a little green robot

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Just Google "Wireless Tether Android" and download the app directly from the developer's Google dev site.

Sent by a little green robot

Thanks! That leads me here: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

...which is where I think you wanted me to go. I don't see an option for the Infuse. Plus, it states:
This application requires a "rooted"-device [which I have] and a custom-kernel which supports netfilter (iptables)! [not sure if I have that; I rooted using SuperOneClick 1.91]

Any further advice? Just had an idea... maybe I can use AppBrain to install either Wireless Tether for Root Users or Barnacle... maybe it's just the Market that AT&T is locking out for these apps...

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Got the app MarketEnabler which shows a fake carrier on your SIM :cool:

Was then able to download Barnacle.

SUHWEEEEEEEEEET! Learning more every second!!!

Mitchell Gray

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
can you please tell me if this will work. I have a samsung android phone and want to bluetooth tether it to my tablet. anyone tried this all know a app that does this. Dont want to use wifi cause use too much batter, Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes