New User with Infuse 4G Issues with car charger

jimjep

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

First day on the road with the Infuse today. I started with a full charge from overnight. I used the USB Car Charger I got from the AT&T store. With it plugged in all day in the car, I had 30% of the batter left when I got home tonight.

It looked like it was charging the whole time.

The current on the wall charger is 700 mA @ 5Vdc.

Not sure what the current is for the car charger.

Any Ideas,

Jim J.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that my infuse is very slow to charge on both the included charger as well as my car charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
did you both wipe the device prior to using it? after wiping, charge the battery (overnight is preferable with a wall charger) and then let it run out to the end and then charge it up again.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes that should help. But even so, Samsungs charging is slow. Ive noticed that with the Captivate also. The Atrix would charge up all the way in no time. Thats one thing I sure do miss about that phone. But I plan on getting another Samsung battery anyway. Just in case. Ive noticed the phone will charge a little bit quicker on the AC charger, as opposed to charging it through the computer or the car. Make sure the screen is off when it charges and that should help out a bit.

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen with previous phones. Plugged in the car and charging but using gps navigation, and streaming pandora or online radio. The other issue was that my charger was only a 500mA charger which is probably what yours is too. That might be fine for phones from yesteryear and trickle charging, but it doesn't always provide enough juice now while using our phones. I'd suggest checking online what your charger is and if it's not 1amp return it and get a 1 amp one.

good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae