Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I took it off the charger at 6am when I woke up. Then I went to sleep at 11pm and it had 30% left. That was just normal use. Not to heavy with stuff. As normal. But if I get into doing some things, its for sure due to die out quicker. But its pretty decent in my opinion. The Battery from the Atrix is what I miss. And it would charge "Rapidly". The infuse takes a while to charge up. No biggie I guess. But if Im away, Im gonna have to get another battery just incase.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I took it off the charger at 6am when I woke up. Then I went to sleep at 11pm and it had 30% left. That was just normal use. Not to heavy with stuff. As normal. But if I get into doing some things, its for sure due to die out quicker. But its pretty decent in my opinion. The Battery from the Atrix is what I miss. And it would charge "Rapidly". The infuse takes a while to charge up. No biggie I guess. But if Im away, Im gonna have to get another battery just incase.

That's pretty good, Terrigno. I *was* getting 8-9 hours, but I got some good advice from you and other AC'ers :D and it seems to be making a difference. Looking like a day and a half to maaaaaaaaaaybe two days with light to normal use will be what I get... To those who want a couple tips:

• Do not install/use Advanced Task Killer (ATK) as it does more harm than good to your battery
  • Do not use Live Wallpapers
  • Enable Power Saving Mode (Options --> Display)
  • Install and use JuiceDefender app

Good luck and have fun!

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i used juice defender but i didn't like it as much, instead i just hold the power button down and you have an option to deactivate the data apn. I do that when im not using the phone and i get more than a days worth. I just got the phone yesterday and i can't say how happy i am to move on with this phone and dump the atrix, best decision ever.

krantiredeyes

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Battery Charging

I charged my infuse via car charger...very very bad :( ....wall charging and USB charging are pretty good...but I get the feeling that it is taking a little too long to get to 100% and it is lasting for about 8-9 hours on a moderate usage....Is this normal or do I have a defective battery? Or are they setting that I need take care of to save battery? Please help....Its a superb phone though !

Cmjkxa

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just wanted to share my experiences to ease the concerns of anyone who may have battery issues. When I initially got my phone, battery life was horrendous. Coming from an iPhone, this was a big change for me to adapt to. So like any phone I cycled the battery through and through and I'm glad to say that after a week of using the infuse, I'm finally reporting excellent battery life. At this moment I have 30% left and I've been using it for five hours straight with heavy usage. So have faith :D

fossillink

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i used juice defender but i didn't like it as much, instead i just hold the power button down and you have an option to deactivate the data apn. I do that when im not using the phone and i get more than a days worth. I just got the phone yesterday and i can't say how happy i am to move on with this phone and dump the atrix, best decision ever.
Ditto that sentiment. Was going through some serious buyer's remorse with the Atrix. After 1 week traded for the Infuse. 4 days so far and it's worlds better, especially the battery life.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually glad to hear that the battery life gets better. I was getting awesome life with my iphone 4, and i really like the infuse now. I was on an inspire and the battery was eh, maybe 12 good hours of use. right now on day two of using the phone i'm at 78% with 3hours 50 minutes since unplugged. i have only used a few texts, light navigation (maybe 2 miles to see it work) and some twitter usage. I'm really hoping to get at least 15 or so hours of good use out of the battery, any less will be a little disappointing. I dont want to use juice defender or turn off data as i need my smartphone to be just that. smart. if i have to start turning things off to get good battery life that i'm defeating the purpose of having such a phone with all the features and what not. thanks all for the comments, hope to be able to contribute more to this forum :D

Samuri65

May 31, 2011
Visit site
reefrunway-

You stated to not install/use Advanced Task Killer (ATK) as it does more harm than good to your battery... How is that please?

Please note I am not questioning you. I just didn't know that.
I use it and I thought it seemed to help quite a bit with the stopping of the apps.
If it's causing more harm than good, I'll stop.

THANKS!

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong. 75 hours since last charge and 62% battery. With that said, it has really only been doing mail over that period over my WiFi but nothing I normally have turned on is off.

If you have BT on, (I don't) that used serious batt. I also am in a 4G area, 3G areas use more batt. I don';t have that many add-ons so that may have something to do with it.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
With static widgets/wallpaper/icons and fair use, this phone will last 2 days. I used to have all kinds of active widgets, push notifications, live background which made my battery last about 5 hours. Changing things around, going down to 3 homescreens, dark wallpaper and keeping static widgets and push notifications that won't refresh unless I tell it to. Significant battery improvements.

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I am new to androids and you guys seem to know what you are talking about so let me ask a few questions. I purchased my infuse almost 2 months ago. After inital frustrations I read to fully cycle the batter and did so for a week. Battery life got extremely better. I could unplug it at 6:30 am and use it all day (phone calls, web surfing, facebook, text, mess around with some apps, apps that are mostly just data, nfl, espn, and maybe play 3 or 4 songs in the truck) and at night would plug it in at midnight because it was warning me of low battery. I had also installed Juice Defender which seemed to help even further.
About a week and a half ago I purchased the Navigation Dock and a car charger for the phone and used both to navigate myself in another town some as the battery got low I used the charger. I didnt look at the phone for awhile and when i finally did it had a battery symbol on the screen with a warning sign and thermometer on it, when i unplugged it it went off. Since then my battery life has went down dramatically. For example today I unplugged at 6:30, played a song on the way to work, checked the ole fantasy team online, read some news, paid some bills on it, made some calls, did some texts, and did some facebook, and played poker for almost 5 minutes. Currently its 6:pm and ive got 14% left. Not gonna work for me at all.

I have Juice Defender installed, Juice Plotter, and I dont use Advanced Task Killer but i do have a similar task called Task Manager (not the factory program).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks guys.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am new to androids and you guys seem to know what you are talking about so let me ask a few questions. I purchased my infuse almost 2 months ago. After inital frustrations I read to fully cycle the batter and did so for a week. Battery life got extremely better. I could unplug it at 6:30 am and use it all day (phone calls, web surfing, facebook, text, mess around with some apps, apps that are mostly just data, nfl, espn, and maybe play 3 or 4 songs in the truck) and at night would plug it in at midnight because it was warning me of low battery. I had also installed Juice Defender which seemed to help even further.
About a week and a half ago I purchased the Navigation Dock and a car charger for the phone and used both to navigate myself in another town some as the battery got low I used the charger. I didnt look at the phone for awhile and when i finally did it had a battery symbol on the screen with a warning sign and thermometer on it, when i unplugged it it went off. Since then my battery life has went down dramatically. For example today I unplugged at 6:30, played a song on the way to work, checked the ole fantasy team online, read some news, paid some bills on it, made some calls, did some texts, and did some facebook, and played poker for almost 5 minutes. Currently its 6:pm and ive got 14% left. Not gonna work for me at all.

I have Juice Defender installed, Juice Plotter, and I dont use Advanced Task Killer but i do have a similar task called Task Manager (not the factory program).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks guys.

See the thread you created. And please don't double post. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech