Media Hub Saves Downloads Where?

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So I used my $25 Media Hub credit downloading stuff that I can get for free just about anywhere. :D ... But I had to use the thing up eventually.

Does anyone know where the files are saved to? Can't find them on either my internal or external SD cards... so I'm thinking it must have saved them to the 2GB of phone memory, but I'm not sure. Any insight? Thanks!

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Never mind. Just found it. Media Hub saves to a folder called .SamsungMediaHub on the phone's internal SD card. This folder doesn't show up in "My Files" for some reason; had to use Astro to view it...

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
because myfiles does not display hidden files by default hidden files start with a (.) but astro does. if you into myfiles hit menu->more->settings and click show hidden files.

does anyone know if media hub content is drm free?

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
because myfiles does not display hidden files by default hidden files start with a (.) but astro does. if you into myfiles hit menu->more->settings and click show hidden files.

does anyone know if media hub content is drm free?

Thanks, Z! Good to know! While we're on the subject, where is the default save location for downloaded market apps? Also, took me forever to realize that my photos taken with the camera are saved to a folder called DCIM... not sure what that means...

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Z! Good to know! While we're on the subject, where is the default save location for downloaded market apps? Also, took me forever to realize that my photos taken with the camera are saved to a folder called DCIM... not sure what that means...

DCIM is the default folder all modern digital camera use if you ever explored the sd card from a regular digital camera you will notice they all have a home folder of DCIM. But you can decide whether to save external or internal sd in the camera settings.

Amazon apps or android market apps? i do not know where the default folder is for apps i usually store them all on the phone not the sd until i run out of space lol. Why are you looking for it?

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
DCIM is the default folder all modern digital camera use if you ever explored the sd card from a regular digital camera you will notice they all have a home folder of DCIM. But you can decide whether to save external or internal sd in the camera settings.

Amazon apps or android market apps? i do not know where the default folder is for apps i usually store them all on the phone not the sd until i run out of space lol. Why are you looking for it?

I was just trying to figure out which folder the apps are saved to out of curiosity. :D
I am absolutely LOVING my phone. However, I am now a full blown "Words with Friends" addict!!! :-!

rafa7

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
So I used my $25 Media Hub credit downloading stuff that I can get for free just about anywhere. :D ... But I had to use the thing up eventually.

Does anyone know where the files are saved to? Can't find them on either my internal or external SD cards... so I'm thinking it must have saved them to the 2GB of phone memory, but I'm not sure. Any insight? Thanks!

I've been wondering what is in the Media Hub to buy, could you tell us what is there for sale? :)

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering what is in the Media Hub to buy, could you tell us what is there for sale? :)

I bought "Garden State" and "Office Space" (two movies I don't mind watching over and over again) for $9.99 each which I thought was steep. New releases -- something like "The Fighter" -- are $17.99. There is no way I would ever buy anything from Media Hub, unless I have another gift certificate. Way too expensive, limited selection, etc. I am downloading bit torrent stuff all the time and once you've gone that route, it's hard to pay for anything ever again... :p

Take a look at Media Hub. It's free to browse, of course.

esmall

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Never mind. Just found it. Media Hub saves to a folder called .SamsungMediaHub on the phone's internal SD card. This folder doesn't show up in "My Files" for some reason; had to use Astro to view it...
Do you know if you can move the purchased movies from this location to the external SD card? I just got a 16gb SD card and want to take advantage of it.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if you can move the purchased movies from this location to the external SD card? I just got a 16gb SD card and want to take advantage of it.

I do not know, sorry. You can always try and if it doesn't work, just move it back. My thought is that it will not work, since the app will be looking for the files where it placed them initially. Let us know what happens, good question!

watto102

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I do not know, sorry. You can always try and if it doesn't work, just move it back. My thought is that it will not work, since the app will be looking for the files where it placed them initially. Let us know what happens, good question!

I moved two movies to the videos folder on my external card and play them thru the built in video player. The movie "covers" will not show for some reason.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I moved two movies to the videos folder on my external card and play them thru the built in video player. The movie "covers" will not show for some reason.

Cool! At least they play. My personality type, for better or worse :-[, wouldn't allow the covers to not be visible, however, so I'd opt to keep them on the internal SD. But I would think most normal people don't think that's an issue. This is coming from the guy who spent AN ENTIRE weekend re-tagging his iTunes collection, most if manually, to make it uniform. :(

dan8379

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Resurrecting a very old thread...but can someone tell me how you physically move a file from the internal memory to the SD card? Do you have to have the Tab hooked up to a PC and then drag and drop the file? I should mention that I have a Galaxy Tab 2, but hopefully the process is the same. Thanks.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting a very old thread...but can someone tell me how you physically move a file from the internal memory to the SD card? Do you have to have the Tab hooked up to a PC and then drag and drop the file? I should mention that I have a Galaxy Tab 2, but hopefully the process is the same. Thanks.

You can do it that way or you can download one of the free file explorer apps.

ES File Explorer File Manager or Explorer are both free. ES will allow root access, but you would have to buy Root Explorer for it to access root.

mrv427

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Its a long shot. But I have a note 3. Saved the movies from hub to sd. The show up on the tab 3 be cant play. Any thoughts? I d
know the video hub will be closed soon and the tab 3 says its not useable with the hub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech