Change Your Lock Screen Wallpaper

bothfly

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I was reading about an App that lets you change your Lock Screen wallpaper and have different wallpaper on your Home Screen, but I was messing with the Infuse last night and there is actually a setting that will allow you to have a different Lock Screen wallpaper then the Home Screen.
It only works with a Gallery picture, hold down the picture and then hit More, then Set As Lock Screen wallpaper.
Kinda cool since no other Android phone has this.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the ability to see a lock screen wallpaper no longer works for me. I've gone through both the settings (settings-->display-->wallpapers-->lock screen wallpaper) as well as through the gallery of images. No matter what image I select, it doesn't appear when the lock screen displays.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the ability to see a lock screen wallpaper no longer works for me. I've gone through both the settings (settings-->display-->wallpapers-->lock screen wallpaper) as well as through the gallery of images. No matter what image I select, it doesn't appear when the lock screen displays.

Did you set a ROM on your phone or is it still stock ROM/Kernal? That could be the reason why.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I just tried doing this on my phone, and I have the option to set a lock screen wallpaper, but then when I do, it doesnt show. Anyone else have this issue?

cacattack

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just tried and works perfect, went to gallery, selected photo (check mark photo), clicked more, clicked set as and then selected Lock Screen......Thanks never knew this option was there

Reactions: stslish

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Works too! Awesome! Make sure you don't actually click on a picture and them go through the options. Just select edit out whatever when you see all your pictures then clock the check mark box then more and set as...

Sent from da infuse mon!

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
doesnt work for me. Even when i try to change my background the picture is too blown up.

Yeah, changing the backgroud picture on most android phones sucks. You need an app that divides each screen to its own full size immage instead of getting the small restraints android phones give you, which is then spread throughout all your home screens.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I may have figured out why it works for some folks, and doesn't for others. I was speaking with someone about the screen security features within the Android platform (Pattern vs Password vs None). I have been using the traceable Pattern security feature since having received my Infuse 4G. With that setting, the lock screen wallpaper never worked. However, when I changed it to None, the lock screen wallpaper worked. I could actually see the picture I had selected when swiping the screen to unlock it. It doesn't resolve the issue, but may explain why it works for some folks and not for others.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, changing the backgroud picture on most android phones sucks. You need an app that divides each screen to its own full size immage instead of getting the small restraints android phones give you, which is then spread throughout all your home screens.

a little ridiculous i need ANOTHER app to use different wallpapers...sigh

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've noticed on this phone that if you set wallpaper when you crop it if you look just below the picture it has an option where you can click to make it wide for all screens or narrow to fit one screen. I bet the narrow option will make so it doesn't change when you slide screens.

Sent from da infuse mon!