Mutli-Touch Keyboard exactly like factory? And more..

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ive used SmartKeyboard Pro, Swift Key and the GingerBread keyboard from the Market. SKP is cool, but its not as quick as the factory Android Keyboard. And the problem with the oem keyboard is that its not Multi-Touch. I know Motorola makes the best multitouch keyboard but Ive rooted and installed it and the keys are smaller then the actual Android keyboard that came on the Infuse. Anyone have any suggestions? What Keyboard to go with that is multi-touch, fast and on point like the oem keyboard? Thanks guys.

And for the More Part. Im looking for something that acts as MotoBlur does with its Social widgets. Like it has that social widget that will let you update your status on both Twitter and FaceBook. Anyone know an aftermarket one that works like that one does? Most people hate motoblur but I pretty much loved it just because of its RSS and Social Widgets.

element526

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
For social feeds I use Seesmic at the moment. In the past I have used Tweetdeck. They both allow you to update Twitter and Facebook. Personally I really like SwiftKey for the keyboard. The perfect one in my opinion would be a combination of SwiftKey and the OEM keyboard.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the resonse. I didnt realize that with the Samsung Social Widget I can update both status. So I just went with that. Now Im using SmarkKeyBoard Pro again with a different skin. This is probably gonna have to do for now since it lets you use multitouch. So far im using it and havent had any problems with it (Nock On Wood) It might just be because of me constantly trying to use it on the Atrix, the screen was small enough to where I hit different keys all the time. Plus on that phone the SpaceBar section was like clamy. It would register only sometimes. It seems to be working well at the moment on the huge screen though. :)

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ive used SmartKeyboard Pro, Swift Key and the GingerBread keyboard from the Market. SKP is cool, but its not as quick as the factory Android Keyboard. And the problem with the oem keyboard is that its not Multi-Touch. I know Motorola makes the best multitouch keyboard but Ive rooted and installed it and the keys are smaller then the actual Android keyboard that came on the Infuse. Anyone have any suggestions? What Keyboard to go with that is multi-touch, fast and on point like the oem keyboard? Thanks guys.

And for the More Part. Im looking for something that acts as MotoBlur does with its Social widgets. Like it has that social widget that will let you update your status on both Twitter and FaceBook. Anyone know an aftermarket one that works like that one does? Most people hate motoblur but I pretty much loved it just because of its RSS and Social Widgets.

Can't imagine using anything else besides SWYPE. :cool: I'm still learning a couple of its quirks and shortcuts, but I seriously can't imagine using anything else. I can input text 2-3 times faster than typing. But, as for keyboards, I love the Samsung keyboard...

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Curious what a multi touch keyboard does? I have seen it mentioned multiple times just wondering what I'm missing?

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using tapatalk

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
o how you miss your motoblur lol

i have used the gingerbread keyboard, swiftkey swipe and stock right now im using stock as the gingerbread keyboard is not as good as the one that was on my nexus s.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
o how you miss your motoblur lol

i have used the gingerbread keyboard, swiftkey swipe and stock right now im using stock as the gingerbread keyboard is not as good as the one that was on my nexus s.

lol aint that the truth. I actually liked MotoBlur for what it had to offer. It was on point with the social widgets and Motos Keyboard is one of the best Ive ever used. I can root and install it but I did that already. The keys arent as large as the oem keyboard on the Infuse. Its always something lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol