Problems/Bugs--Samsung Infuse

ljw217

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got my Samsung Infuse about a week ago and for the most part love it. I have run into a couple of issues, though, and wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing these problems.

-Mp3s: I had an android prior to the infuse and I loaded custom mp3 ringtones and notifications. Did the same thing for my infuse but they refuse to play. They show up, but they don't play. Very frustrating

-Phone deletes apps. I thought I was going crazy at first, but my phone has definitely uninstalled 3-4 of my apps. (I have shortcuts on my phone and then it says there's an error because they aren't installed). Anyone else having this issue?

Also, anyone know a way to use the puzzle piece notification (like for the default SMS)-- if using 3rd party SMS?

Thanks!

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the many custom ringtones and notifications on my Infuse and they all play just fine. On the deleting apps if they are installed on your sd card you may try moving them to your phone and see if that helps. Not sure on the lockscreen as I use Widget Locker for mine.

green-goblin23

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay i have alittle list of issues with this new phone, first off let me say, its a great phone, better then the iphone i previously had.
But....i live in a place where hspa sucks, and i want to have the phone just run on edge so i dont have to continuously resend text messages inside my house or have dropped calls.
Ever since i had the phone the phone likes to act on its on. I could be on youtube, an app, the broswer, and it will continuously press the back button or settings button or even the search button. (I`m not the one touching them).
I have not yet tried to put mp3 on it at the moment but will later.
Another thing, the option to make pictures in the gallery contact icons. well, the phone doesnt actually let you do it, as im sure you guys are aware of. (I do like how it takes facebook defaults and put them as it though)

Otherwise then that i love the phone but wanna throw it at times.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
-Mp3s: I had an android prior to the infuse and I loaded custom mp3 ringtones and notifications. Did the same thing for my infuse but they refuse to play. They show up, but they don't play. Very frustrating

When I first installed my personalized ringtones, I noticed that a couple of them wouldn't play. It turns out they were a tad too large (file size). I resaved those ringtones in a smaller size and all worked well after that.

vicente213

May 17, 2011
Visit site
for my infuse, it doesnt connect to the att servers and the power button on the side sometimes gets stuck when pressed in. would that be worth 60$ to exchange?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
for my infuse, it doesnt connect to the att servers and the power button on the side sometimes gets stuck when pressed in. would that be worth 60$ to exchange?

Why would that be $60 to exchange? The not connecting to the AT&T servers, how are you diagnosing that? Also, if the power button gets stuck sometimes then I would go back and change it out. You didnt pay for that to happen that way. If you got the phone on the day it came out then we have until the 15th to swap it out.

vicente213

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Im looking at the papers that i got along with the phone the day i bought it and it says restocking fee is 60 dollars it exchanged/returned. sadface there. and my fault for not explaining thoroughly, for some people the update works and for some it doesnt i believe. when i try to update, it randomly stops searching and goes back to the setting screen. otherwise, great phone!

ljw217

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
When I first installed my personalized ringtones, I noticed that a couple of them wouldn't play. It turns out they were a tad too large (file size). I resaved those ringtones in a smaller size and all worked well after that.

I thought that might be the problem at first, too, but they do work, but only sometimes. When I restart my phone, the tones will work for a day or two and then revert back to not working. Can't really put my finger on what else the problem might be.

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just bought it today, fell in love with it...
i rooted it, installed a few applications, backed up using titanium backup...
i wanted to install the infused ROM, so i downloaded ROM manager and when i came to the window i hit "reinstall packages" and now it won't really start up... it's stuck on the startup SAMSUNG name with black background...
what do i do?! first android phone! so please don't expect that i know much about this..

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
i decided to take out the battery after about 30 minutes of it like this, i placed it back in, i plugged in the charger... and it froze on the charger screen, and i realized that the screen will not change after the first image comes up of whatever it be... :S

what do i do?!?

kerrysummers

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine yesterday and was told it was going to be $35 to exchange, but you only have to pay a restocking fee if you're exchanging it for another phone. If you're getting a replacement because your first did not work, they cannot charge you a fee because you are not getting what you paid for.

Reactions: batsai#IM

vicente213

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Never buy your phone from a 3rd party att store! They want to charge me $60 bucks for a restocking fee to get a new replacement(under the 30 days). so frustrating.

Drav1212

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Trouble with the INFUSE. I noticed when my phone goes quiet, I have to trun it off and then turn it back on. It seems that I often have to do a hard reset to get my notification sounds and ringtones to play. Should I send it back for a new phone?:confused:

Drav1212

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Try restting it. It not a size issue even when it says the file is too big.

Reactions: Egidio

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ever since i had the phone the phone likes to act on its on. I could be on youtube, an app, the broswer, and it will continuously press the back button or settings button or even the search button. (I`m not the one touching them).

There are times that my phone also selects apps. But I've noticed that it happens when I've tilted or bumped the phone. I also use a screen protector. Being a truck driver, my phones get bumped and dropped a lot.

Dinodeal

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
-Phone deletes apps. I thought I was going crazy at first, but my phone has definitely uninstalled 3-4 of my apps. (I have shortcuts on my phone and then it says there's an error because they aren't installed). Anyone else having this issue?

Same thing just happened to me. About 4 or 5 apps were just gone this morning. What does this mean? Just got the phone should I return it?

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I just bought it today, fell in love with it...
i rooted it, installed a few applications, backed up using titanium backup...
i wanted to install the infused ROM, so i downloaded ROM manager and when i came to the window i hit "reinstall packages" and now it won't really start up... it's stuck on the startup SAMSUNG name with black background...
what do i do?! first android phone! so please don't expect that i know much about this..

i decided to take out the battery after about 30 minutes of it like this, i placed it back in, i plugged in the charger... and it froze on the charger screen, and i realized that the screen will not change after the first image comes up of whatever it be... :S

what do i do?!?

Sounds like you may have bricked your phone. Do some research on how to flash it back to stock.

All in all, I am happy with this phone, coming from the Nexus 1. I think an important note to keep in mind is that the phone is still quite new to the market and they are still working out all the kinks. I remember when I got my Nexus 1, I had a million updates it seemed within the first few months. But after that the phone was amazing. I'm hoping the same happens here. The only issue I've really noticed is that the HSPA speed is about the same as 3g in my area, and I have the same problem with my phone trying to connect to the AT&T server for the update.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you may have bricked your phone. Do some research on how to flash it back to stock.

All in all, I am happy with this phone, coming from the Nexus 1. I think an important note to keep in mind is that the phone is still quite new to the market and they are still working out all the kinks. I remember when I got my Nexus 1, I had a million updates it seemed within the first few months. But after that the phone was amazing. I'm hoping the same happens here. The only issue I've really noticed is that the HSPA speed is about the same as 3g in my area, and I have the same problem with my phone trying to connect to the AT&T server for the update.

To everyone with the AT&T server connect problem, trust that when the update comes it will actually update. I was having the same server update problems when I tried to connect myself but when the update actually came, a prompt came up on my phone and the update worked fine. You just have to wait for it to roll around to your area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11