Handcent and factory Txt program

dfwvtxman

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Since installing HandCent I get 2 txt messages one in each program Handcent and factory program. I have tried suspending the factory program but it just starts back up. I removed the icon from the home screen and it did not help.HELPPPPPPPPPP

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Since installing HandCent I get 2 txt messages one in each program Handcent and factory program. I have tried suspending the factory program but it just starts back up. I removed the icon from the home screen and it did not help.HELPPPPPPPPPP

Open up your carriers text program and then hit menu. Go to settings. Then go to receive notifications and turn it off for the default messaging

dinc via tapatalk

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to go into your factory text app and go into the settings. Uncheck display notifications.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying this.Not working... Can someone that's familiar with this phone explain it in detail??

Two of us did dude. The majority of these devices are the same. But if this helps ill explain aa little better.

Turn your screen on and unlock your phone.
(Wait' pick it up first)
Then hit the app drawer. (Now you can see all the apps installed)

Now go to it should be called messaging. (Or what ever the default messaging app was on the phone) open it

Now once you have it open you should see the names of the people you have been texting. At this point hit your menu key.

The box for options should pop up. Go to settings.

Once in settings scroll down until you see something to do with notifications. It should he checked all you have to do is uncheck it.

Boom your done. Now you wont get a notification of that app only handcent.

If this tutorial was not helpful please let me know where you are running into a problem. Walk me through what your doing. It is relatively easy to disable the stock message app.

Gl gh

dinc via tapatalk

dfwvtxman

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Two of us did dude. The majority of these devices are the same. But if this helps ill explain aa little better.

Turn your screen on and unlock your phone.
(Wait' pick it up first)
Then hit the app drawer. (Now you can see all the apps installed)

Now go to it should be called messaging. (Or what ever the default messaging app was on the phone) open it

Now once you have it open you should see the names of the people you have been texting. At this point hit your menu key.

The box for options should pop up. Go to settings.

Once in settings scroll down until you see something to do with notifications. It should he checked all you have to do is uncheck it.

Boom your done. Now you wont get a notification of that app only handcent.

If this tutorial was not helpful please let me know where you are running into a problem. Walk me through what your doing. It is relatively easy to disable the stock message app.

Gl gh

dinc via tapatalk

Thank You... I would go into the txt program and I couldn't find anything but the old txt messages. Never thought to hit the menu button for the phone after being in the txt program. Because hitting the menu button didn't help with the txt function on it's own. Think I have it stopped now.

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think if you followed my instructions there is no way you couldn't have turned off the default message app. Glad to of helped now go have fun now that your not stressed about two of the same text everytime!!!!!

dinc via tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC