iPhone to Infuse - contacts display

akashk

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Like some of you, I recently switched to the Infuse. For the most part I am loving this phone, but there are some nagging issues that I can't seem to resolve. Infuse seems to be missing some of the basic functionality that I had taken for granted on the iPhone.
- the phone icon in the dock does not show the missed calls/voicemail badge
- the incoming/outgoing/missed call logs do not show the details like mobile/office/home etc. The log just shows the name of the person and the phone # below it. How do I know if that person called from home or from his cell etc.?
- does anyone else use hotmail as the default email account? If so, why do I not see any images in my email? Do I need to enable some options somewhere?
- another nagging hardware issue that I have is when I try to switch the phone ON or OFF, I invariably operate the volume rocker on the other side (most of the time I reach for the top of the phone to lock/unlock the phone - iPhone habbits die hard!!). I guess I just need to get used to the new hardware.
- I changed the lock screen to ripple lock so that I wouldn't have to slide my finger across the whole screen in order to unlock the phone, but then I loose the lock screen notifications about missed calls etc. With the stock unlock screen, in order to unlock the screen you have to use 2 hands...kind of cumbersome. Any ideas on better lock screens that would keep the notification functionality?

Any inputs from some of the more experienced Android users is always appreciated. BTW, I did root the phone yesterday....yay!!!

gtrmn

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am right handed but I pretty much always use my phone left handed. I haven't had any problems with the power button, so I can't help you there. I also just came from the iphone a couple of days ago. i haven't noticed the issues with the phone app, but then again, I'm not sure that I've even missed a call yet...i guess that I should probably check,lol

The lock screen, however,i may have a suggestion. I'm using the stock pattern lock which allows me to see the notification bar as well as unlock the phone with one hand and incorporates security. I can't say that I had a problem with the standard swipe to unlock screen once handed though, do I'm not sure if you'll have problems with that.