I'm receiving my Infuse in a couple of hours from Amazon, and this is going to be my first Android device. There are a lot of apps I want to download, and I was wondering, instead of downloading all the apps through my phone, can I do it through my computer, and then transfer it to my phone once it comes? I want to get a head-start
    06-17-2011 10:24 AM
    I'm receiving my Infuse in a couple of hours from Amazon, and this is going to be my first Android device. There are a lot of apps I want to download, and I was wondering, instead of downloading all the apps through my phone, can I do it through my computer, and then transfer it to my phone once it comes? I want to get a head-start
    If you're getting your apps through the Android Market, then the answer is no. There are lots of apk's (app files) out there, but you probably want to start with stuff in the Market. I would suggest you just bookmark each app you want to install and then visit those pages once you have your phone. Android can handle many downloads at once, so you can click away on downloading apps and then your phone will install on a first come, first served basis. Since it's your first Android device, I think you'll be surprised how pleasant and fast the downloading and installation of apps process is. It truly is fun!

Welcome, to the boards and welcome to Android!
    Stonecold likes this.
    06-17-2011 01:09 PM
    If you're getting your apps through the Android Market, then the answer is no. There are lots of apk's (app files) out there, but you probably want to start with stuff in the Market. I would suggest you just bookmark each app you want to install and then visit those pages once you have your phone. Android can handle many downloads at once, so you can click away on downloading apps and then your phone will install on a first come, first served basis. Since it's your first Android device, I think you'll be surprised how pleasant and fast the downloading and installation of apps process is. It truly is fun!

Welcome, to the boards and welcome to Android!
    Thank you!
    06-17-2011 01:49 PM
    Thank you!
    You're welcome.

Quick follow up thought: You CAN absolutely select and click "download" on the apps you want on your phone from your desktop computer. They are then automatically downloaded to your phone within about five seconds. Maybe you already knew that though.
    radiojh likes this.
    06-17-2011 02:05 PM
    Also, it isn't super annoying like the iPhone where when you tell it to download an app it drops you from the App Store.
    06-17-2011 09:22 PM
    Also, it isn't super annoying like the iPhone where when you tell it to download an app it drops you from the App Store.
    Yeah I just received my phone and I can't believe how EFFICIENT downloading apps is! I'm so used to iOS and so I was thinking it was going to take hours to download and install them all.

LOVING Android and my new Infuse so FAR!
    06-18-2011 10:01 AM
    Yeah I just received my phone and I can't believe how EFFICIENT downloading apps is! I'm so used to iOS and so I was thinking it was going to take hours to download and install them all.

LOVING Android and my new Infuse so FAR!
    Awesome! Glad you like it.
    06-18-2011 01:34 PM
    What are the steps in the process to transfer apps (*.apk file) ( and install) from my pc to the Infuse?

Thanks in advance.
    10-09-2011 10:58 PM
    What are the steps in the process to transfer apps (*.apk file) from my pc to the Infuse?

Thanks in advance.
    There are quite a few different ways. The easiest for me is to drop the apk onto my sd card (either through usb or after popping out the card and loading it directly, depending on what I'm doing), then installing through ASTRO file manager (or another file manager). Either that, or tossing the zip on my sd card and installing through recovery. There are quite a few other ways, but those two are pretty easy.

Out of curiosity, what app are you needing to load this way for? It's just as easy to download and install on the phone, even if it isn't on the market.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    10-09-2011 11:05 PM
    Hello, I see people talking about connecting their Samsung Infuse Droid to their PCs via USB. I am having the worst time making this connection. I am able to find the USB Settings item and make the selection for Mass Storage, but when I make the connection, I see nothing on my computer. Is there an app to support this?
    Please help, thank you
    11-05-2011 02:12 PM