Need some help starting out..

saxplayer

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
function(){var a=e[pb](i,arguments);typeof a==="object"&&c(a);return a}

Hi everyone; just bought an Infuse yesterday, coming from ios/3GS. I'm a bit confused as to going about customizing. I installed Kies from Samsung's website (Win7, 64bit) but when I plug in my phone, it says it won't connect to Kies v2.0. How do I get photos, videos, music etc onto the phone then?

Also, would it be best to root in order to fully customize the look etc?

Thanks for the help,

Grant (saxplayer1)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Kies isn't working right for the Infuse. You should transfer it all manually onto the phone via the USB cable. Welcome aboard Android Nanite!

sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G via Tapatalk

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
if you search: infuse on the samsung website, all you get is "coming soon: Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G".

no manuals, no nothing.

if you search for I997, no returns.

plus, it won't charge off my laptop.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So would you say its safe to say the Infuse is a Galaxy S phone we have?

radiojh

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone; just bought an Infuse yesterday, coming from ios/3GS. I'm a bit confused as to going about customizing. I installed Kies from Samsung's website (Win7, 64bit) but when I plug in my phone, it says it won't connect to Kies v2.0. How do I get photos, videos, music etc onto the phone then?

Thanks for the help,

Grant (saxplayer1)

when you first plug in you should get the media player, mass storage, or kies menu. for mp3's i used the the mass storage (sd card). press connect. i then navigated to my phone through "my computer". once i opened i just made a folder in there and called in "mp3's". then just drag your mp3's in! your players will find them.

as for photos, you select media player. then browse through your computer again and select "phone" and then "dcim". once in there you will see a camera folder and ringtones. drag and drop away!

..........after looking closer, you can also browse to your card through media player........

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Coming Soon: Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G. That's what you said the site said. So I asked that question just to see what your thought was.

What point did I miss.......again? Watch yourself before talking jibberish.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the help,

Grant (saxplayer1)

If you want full customization, yes, root your phone. Then do some research on backing up your phone/apps, and then how to flash a ROM. There are plenty of ROM's and instructions on this forum to help you out with how to do it and give you quite a selection to choose from.

saxplayer

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If you want full customization, yes, root your phone. Then do some research on backing up your phone/apps, and then how to flash a ROM. There are plenty of ROM's and instructions on this forum to help you out with how to do it and give you quite a selection to choose from.

I have rooted the phone. Now, I have been reading some about ROMs etc.. but it is all a bit confusing coming from the iPhone world... any particular ROM managers and / or programs that I should be using? I basically don't know what I need to do next now that my phone is rooted, lol ! I've been reading a lot of the forum threads, but I haven't found them to be too helpful, yet. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89