Voice commands for dialing, etc.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Using Google search, it's really easy to speak to the Infuse and say "Call John Doe at work" and a list of phone numbers will show up for you from the address book. Does anyone know other cool uses of voice commands? Whenever I see the little mic along with my keyboard, I just tap the mic and speak what I want to say. I've composed emails and tweets that way. The darn thing even understands punctuation marks. I can say, "John comma are you going biking today question mark" and you'll get the punctuation marks correctly. What I think would be really cool is to be able to press one of the side buttons and just say what you want instead of going through Google search.

legnaz

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have checked the settings, but there is nothing there that is helpful. The phone wont even recognize "call mom". Is there another command I should be saying? I have also tried "dial mom", "call mom mobile", and "call contacts mom". Anyone else get this to work?

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I take it that in your contacts that entry is listed as "mom." It's strange the Infuse is not recognizing that. I have some unusual contact names, but the phone still shows me the entries.

rafa7

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Must be the phone, I have the same issue on my Infuse and I know of three Infuse phones that have this same problem too.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
I use the Free Choice Dialer and love it. 99% of the time it dials correctly without asking. I bought the paid version and it sucks. Crashes :( and almost always asks for confirmation even though I have the percentages set pretty low.

So I went back to the Free version.:D