I tried adw launcher that I used to have on my inspire. I love it except it seems my battery life has took a hit. I'm half way through my day and I would normally be at about 70% and now I'm already at 50%. Might have to ditch it and go back to touchwiz. Shame but my battery life is more important. It's gotta be the launcher cause I'm doing the same things I normally do.

Sent from da infuse mon!

Sent from da infuse mon!
    06-24-2011 02:55 PM
    So far I'm liking Go Launcher EX on my infuse.
    06-24-2011 03:11 PM
    I dont think the Launcher has anything to do with that more of an increase in killing the battery. Did you remove the widgets and icons off of the TouchWiz launcher before you installed ADW and used it? If those are running in the background on the touchwiz launcher, thats like double the widgets and stuff. That might be it, not 100% sure though. I have ADW Launcher EX and have never noticed that killing the battery anymore on all of the Android Handsets ive owned. Although I did buy Juice Defender Plus. And that has improved my battery big time!
    06-24-2011 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the help. Never thought about closing the widgets first. Good to know. I think I figured it out. I also installed words with friends about the same time. I noticed while on touchwiz through the application manager widget that the program was still running and eating up my cpu. This if after I hit the back button to exit the program like all the others and I thought it would exit it but it still leaves it running! Screw that. That's the only reason I have touchwiz on right now because I love that widget.

Sent from da infuse mon!
    06-24-2011 03:44 PM
    I dont think the Launcher has anything to do with that more of an increase in killing the battery. Did you remove the widgets and icons off of the TouchWiz launcher before you installed ADW and used it? If those are running in the background on the touchwiz launcher, thats like double the widgets and stuff. That might be it, not 100% sure though. I have ADW Launcher EX and have never noticed that killing the battery anymore on all of the Android Handsets ive owned. Although I did buy Juice Defender Plus. And that has improved my battery big time!
    Never thought about this since I started using launcher pro. I just went in and deleted all widgets from twlauncher and removed a bunch of app shortcuts for apps I no longer have. Hopefully this helps because my battery life has crapped out again in the last few days for some reason.
    06-24-2011 07:20 PM
    keep getting this message:
    THE APPLICATION TWLAUNCHER
    (PROCESS COM.SEC.ANDROID.APP.
    TWLAUNCHER) HAS STOPPED
    UNEXPECTEDLY.PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

FORCE CLOSE BUTTON

press the button but the message just cycles back through.
    will not allow me to use the phone at all- samsung galaxy s-
    what to do, what to do?
    07-17-2011 11:14 PM
    If I understand correctly, that shouldn't really matter. ADW (or any launcher) doesn't run over TouchWiz, but rather instead, thus killing TwLauncher and any processes associated with it.
    07-18-2011 02:02 AM
    I use Launcher Pro Plus. I used ADW and GoLauncher but i think Launcher Pro Plus has more customization and i really like the Friends widget which is exactly like Friend Stream. I missed Friend Stream from the HTCs. I havent seen any significant battery drain with any of the launchers but like everyone was saying before, the battery drain is most likely the live widgets you have running. Words is a battery sucker especially if you have notifications turned on for a while...
    07-18-2011 10:26 AM
    keep getting this message:
    THE APPLICATION TWLAUNCHER
    (PROCESS COM.SEC.ANDROID.APP.
    TWLAUNCHER) HAS STOPPED
    UNEXPECTEDLY.PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

FORCE CLOSE BUTTON

press the button but the message just cycles back through.
    will not allow me to use the phone at all- samsung galaxy s-
    what to do, what to do?
    I would try a battery pull
    08-15-2011 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD