Samsung infuse dock

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought the Samsung Infuse Dock which is on samsung's website for $49.99? Does it seem worth it?

Are there any alternatives? I haven't found any other docks for the infuse...

ECR-D1B7BEGSTA_front_400x400.jpg

newportrocco

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have it. The dock is cool because you can turn it to it's side. You can download the samsung dock app. My only gripe about it is that it won't let you exit the "dock" screen until you detach your phone. I like that after a while, the phone blacks out and a digital clock appears. It's not too bright. Is it worth it? It is for me b/c now I have a bedside clock. It only charges the phone - not a spare battery.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using an app called "big digital clock". I just run it and turn my phone sideways, then exit it when I pick it up, and just charge it on its side. I rigged something with cardboard and tape to hold it in a sideways position.

Is there more functionality than this? I gather it is meant for media, so is there like an hdmi out on the dock?

One of the things i really do miss from my old palm was the touchstone dock. It was a magnetic grip, so no plug to line up. it put it in dock mode when on it, and you could pick it up easily. If on a phone call it went to speaker automatically when docked, and if you picked it up immediately switched the speaker off. and back on if you docked it. I keep hoping to find a way to duplicate this functionality.

SkySoldier

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
When I first bought it, I thought it was great, but now I attribute that feeling to my euphoria of being a new android owner. Now i feel like it's an (very) expensive holder/charger. It is nice as a bedside clock, but after almost a month, that's all it still is. The "Desk Home" app is almost worthless, hardly any features worth mentioning. My biggest gripe is having to take the case/cover off, every time I want to drop it in the cradle. Not a real big problem for some, but it's gotten old for me. It doesn't charge an extra battery, just the phone, and it doesn't connect to my desktop computer, no HDMI, just a line out for audio.. In my case, It was money I could of used on perhaps a car dock instead. Just my two cents.....

Last edited:
Reactions: msnyder

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use NightStand Bold from the market for my bedside clock. But I have one of those EZ Stands that I paid $8 for that holds the phone fine. For the price to me, its not worth it. Wait until it comes down. You should find it on ebay eventually for a lower price probably.

radiojh

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i have one and love it. i love having a dock though. i bought mine at an at&t kiosk in the mall. it was only 40. they are having a special, buy two accessories get a third for free. i got the dock, samsung car mount, and the car charger all for 80 bucks.
.....i also LOVE the car mount!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers