Changing sliding dock buttons

rhittle

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to put different apps or widgets on the sliding dock bar on my Infuse and have read all the online instructions but have not been succesful. Could this be becasue I'm using Launcher Pro rather than Touch Wiz?

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
On launcher pro u just press and hold finger on an icon in the dock and a menu will come up allowing u to change the app.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
On launcher pro u just press and hold finger on an icon in the dock and a menu will come up allowing u to change the app.

This should work for you. It is definitely a little more tricky if you're using touchwiz, but if that doesn't work, try uninstalling launcher pro and then install it again.

Sent from my Infuse.

rhittle

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This should work for you. It is definitely a little more tricky if you're using touchwiz, but if that doesn't work, try uninstalling launcher pro and then install it again.

Sent from my Infuse.

Ive tried holding on the button and it does come up with the options of changing icons/shortcuts but, I can't get it to work. I will try your idea but, will I lose all the screens Ive made up with LP by uninstalling and have to do it all over again?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about launcher pro, but you can do this fine in the stock infuse touchwiz ui.

bring up applications (from applications button).

hit menu, change "view type" to "customizable grid".

then hit menu again. this time there will be a second menu option, "edit". select edit.

all buttons, including the ones in the bottom menu dock, will now have squares around them.

Simply drag whichever icon you want over one of the ones there and let go. The one that was there will move to occupy the spot your other icon was (which may well be out of order if they were in order). If you keep customizable you can rearrange them how you like, or just put them back in alphabetical. Either way what you swapped in the dock will stay in the dock.

If yo do this sans launcher pro, then install launcher pro, will it pick up on what you swapped out?

Reactions: ninnghizzida

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried holding on the button and it does come up with the options of changing icons/shortcuts but, I can't get it to work. I will try your idea but, will I lose all the screens Ive made up with LP by uninstalling and have to do it all over again?

Unless there is a user customization save option, then yes, I would assume you'd lose your screens.

ninnghizzida

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about launcher pro, but you can do this fine in the stock infuse touchwiz ui.

bring up applications (from applications button).

hit menu, change "view type" to "customizable grid".

then hit menu again. this time there will be a second menu option, "edit". select edit.

all buttons, including the ones in the bottom menu dock, will now have squares around them.

Simply drag whichever icon you want over one of the ones there and let go. The one that was there will move to occupy the spot your other icon was (which may well be out of order if they were in order). If you keep customizable you can rearrange them how you like, or just put them back in alphabetical. Either way what you swapped in the dock will stay in the dock.

If yo do this sans launcher pro, then install launcher pro, will it pick up on what you swapped out?

Thank you so much! I thought this wasn't possible to do. Was pretty bummed about it.

Luis