best anti theft app?

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I use seekdroid. It seems to he really nice even though I hope I never need to use it.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using tapatalk

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Lookout mobile security, if you pay for it, can also remote lock your phone or wipe its data. Also, it makes it so it can't be uninstalled without a password (don't know if the others do this).

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, SeekDroid does one thing. Lookout goes beyond what SeekDroid does. They're different products. I prefer Lookout now simply because it's one app that keeps track of my Infuse and also provides backups.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, SeekDroid does one thing. Lookout goes beyond what SeekDroid does. They're different products. I prefer Lookout now simply because it's one app that keeps track of my Infuse and also provides backups.

I have SeekDroid installed and set up... but just read the review of Lookout. Gonna check it out. Looks good.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
sirdomino, from what I can see on the link you provided, this app only tracks the device. If that's right, it would be similar to SeekDroid. I've used SeekDroid and Lookout. I have now deleted SeekDroid and only use Lookout. Besides tracking, the backup functionality -- even in the free version -- is very good and satisfactory to my needs.

OU4LIFE

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
sirdomino, from what I can see on the link you provided, this app only tracks the device. If that's right, it would be similar to SeekDroid. I've used SeekDroid and Lookout. I have now deleted SeekDroid and only use Lookout. Besides tracking, the backup functionality -- even in the free version -- is very good and satisfactory to my needs.

I've had my phone for about 3 days now. The only Lookout I can find in the market is free. What am I missing?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone for about 3 days now. The only Lookout I can find in the market is free. What am I missing?

You download the free version and it gives you the full features for 14 days or so. In order to access various features like remote lock or alert you have to create an account on their website.

After 14 days if you do not sign up to pay via their website, they disable the extra features. This still leaves you with the track, alert and backup features, just not the remote lock and some of the other features. But there is only one app you download.

OU4LIFE

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You download the free version and it gives you the full features for 14 days or so. In order to access various features like remote lock or alert you have to create an account on their website.

After 14 days if you do not sign up to pay via their website, they disable the extra features. This still leaves you with the track, alert and backup features, just not the remote lock and some of the other features. But there is only one app you download.

TYVM for the info. Sounds like a must have.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Actually, you can keep the free version with several features. The paid version is for additional features if you choose to add them. You can select only the freebies via Lookout's web site. That is the one I'm using and it's not costing me anything.