zagg for Samsung Infuse

sam81300

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought a Zagg body skin for their Infuse? I've never had a Zagg before. My friend had it on his Iphone and I noticed that it didn't really cover the entire body of the phone (the sides had strips of Zagg on it but it didn't cover it to the edges leaving some of the phone exposed).

Also, can you remove Zagg skins and re-adjust or are they on for life once they're on?

Thanks

cpalmaATC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had Zagg invisibleSHIELD for both my iPhone 3g and now the Infuse. I've only bought the screen piece for both though. It saved my iPhone's screen on more than one occasion where I was sure it had shattered after a drop. It does leave a piece near the top of the infuse around the sensors/front camera uncovered, but with invisibleShield covering like 98% of that gorgeous screen and the case I have along with it, I figure thats about as good of protection as you can get.

It is not permanent, so you CAN remove it, though I don't if you can take it off 6 months down the road and reapply it later. However, Zagg offers a free lifetime warranty, so if it somehow does get scratched, or ruined, or part gets pulled up accidentally and stuck to a piece of paper (yeah that one happened to me), all you do is go to their website , put in for a replacement, pay for shipping, and mail back the ruined one.

It's kind of a pain to install, so here's my suggestion: Go to Best Buy or another reseller, pay for the Shield, and pony up the $5 for them to install it. IMO it's way better than any other screen protector out there!! Hope that helps

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Zagg makes amazing products. I highly recommend them. Make sure you follow then on twitter, they occasionally tweet discount codes.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have also used the Invisible Shield. It was nice after a couple of days when it cures. I was thinking about putting one on my Nexus S. It just gives you a peace if mind. And I second the comment about having a professional put it on. Its worth it.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I got one put on my Infuse at a kiosk at the mall. I have had them on previous devices as well (iTouch and the like)

It's pretty useless if you ask me. I have NEVER seen one on any device that doesn't look cheap and tacky within about 2 hours of being applied.

Additionally, it totally ruined the screen's responsiveness for me. You get used to the screen being ever so slightly less responsive, but why should you?

The Infuse has Gorilla Glass, so putting it in your pocket with keys or coins shouldn't worry you. And yes, drops can shatter a phone's screen. But the Invisible Shield won't really help with that. If you're that clumsy, get an Otterbox.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have never been a fan of them. I could never get myself to get used to that damn texture that is on them. Just bugs me. Plus it would always get stuck in my pants pockets and pull off. And yea it was not as responsive as naked and people might say other wise but I'm very anal about stuff like that lol. And screen protectors always wash out the screens and I refuse to put anything on this screen lol. It's a phone, it is gonna get small scratches no matter what. I know I have some now but you can't see them unless you are studying the phone. Just enjoy the amazing screen.

Sent from da infuse mon!

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that this one is the exact same product as ZAGG and MUCH cheaper.

2Pack Samsung Infuse 4G FULL BODY Screen Protector Skin | eBay

You get 2 complete body protection sets for only $7.00 shipped. Although you can "Make an offer" for probably around $6.00 which is an even better deal, which is $3 or so per set.

I have not personally tried it but a friend claims to have gotten one and says it is basically ZAGG but you aren't paying for the name.

Last edited:

avgsmoe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've used zagg products on all the iphones I had, but I switched to ghost armor for the . The biggest change I've noticed is the screen isn't as distorted. I would have no problem recommending it.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
These products are generally useless in my opinion.

One, the phone has gorilla glass. Yes, it's not completely scratch-proof, but you can get a scratch through a screen protector as well. I think the ZAGG was a good option on super scratchable screens like the G1 or the iPhone 3G, but with Gorilla Glass it's kinda moot.

Dropping the phone with an Invisible Shield on won't help it. It'll still shatter. Only a large padded case will help in that instance.

Additionally, I have tried Invisible Shield and Ghost Armor, and both decrease the sensitivity of the screen noticeably. Selecting icons and typing usually isn't an issue, but gestures like pulling down the notification bar, pinching to zoom, etc. all require a much harder press to register.

Just my 2 cents.