App not installing need help

Skeptic23

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I installed skype a while back and now it won't reinstall.
It freezes my phone up when I try.
If I install it third party style. It tells me that I don't have enough space when I have 13 and 2 gigs free.
I have root access. Is there possibly a hard delete of old data files or something like that?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Skeptic23

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
this of course was after i uninstalled it. does anyone know a better forum to ask this question?
it is an infuse phone but i can imagine it being an android problem in general.
its just skype, any other program installs fine no matter how big or small.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Do you have a Custom Rom installed? If I was in that situation, I would do a hard factory reset and start from scratch. Back everything up though. I dont normally back anything up. I get a kick out of reinstalling everything I had and I pretty much remember it all after doing it over and over and over again lol

Skeptic23

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Do you have a Custom Rom installed? If I was in that situation, I would do a hard factory reset and start from scratch. Back everything up though. I dont normally back anything up. I get a kick out of reinstalling everything I had and I pretty much remember it all after doing it over and over and over again lol

Well thanks for the reply, the only things worth backing up are the pictures and videos. otherwise meh. lol.
i dont have a custom rom, at all.
just rooted for bloatware reasons.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If their on your external SD then your good to go for a factory reset. If their on your internal SD, you will need to back them up on the PC first. When you factory reset, anything on your internal memory will be whiped.

Skeptic23

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
it did it to my wifes phone, and i found the solution.
delete the folder "\data\data\com.skype.raider"
root access is required and an app like ES FILE EXPLORER