Please help with a few newbie q's

joho5

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been an apple product user for a long time now but have kept up with android devices and what they can / cannot do. Well with my most recent upgrade I finally switched over.

I went with the LG Thrill and it was between that and the Samsung Infuse. The reason I chose the Thrill is because I think it seems to be more prepared for the future with the dual core processor and the dual channel ram compared to the Infuse (someone correct me if I am off here)

anyways, here are my questions.

1. I know the thrill is easy to root with superoneclick, or whatever its called, but say I root my phone, then add apps that can only be used with a rooted phone, and even flash with a custom rom. Well, with a custom rom, how hard is it to get the phone back to stock form if an official update came out that I was interested in?

Also if I "unroot" after I have rooted and added apps and stuff, what happens? Do the apps that only work with a root, stop working? Or do they go away? Or does it foul the way your phone works?

When I had an iphone and I would jailbreak, I could restore to stock easily, it was a hassle, but it was easy.

Thats probably my biggest question, is it very easy to un root and restore to stock form after rooting and flashing a custom rom?

thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante