No merger yessssss!

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As a T-mobile customer I definitely have my own reasons for not wanting this merger to happen, but I haven't ever heard any thoughts/concerns/opinions from current At&T customers about it. What do you guys think?

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Stephenson Plans court fight concessions to salvage deal

Specifically what I want people to see is
?Our door is open? if AT&T wants to address the agency?s concerns about the deal, Sharis Pozen, acting chief of the Justice Department?s antitrust division, told reporters at a news conference.

The Justice Department has assured AT&T that its public comments about its willingness to discuss remedies were genuine, the person familiar with the matter said.

As an AT&T customer I have learned that rarely does AT&T try to compete with T-Mobile so i know my pricing is subject to change depending on whats going on with Verizon. As far as expanding the spectrum of AT&T, I like it. At the time of writing this post I'm sitting in an area where tethering my phone to my laptop out performs the only DSL line available in the area, so the ability for that to become an even faster network with more bandwidth sits quite fine for me.

The fact that T-mobile has announced that it will no longer work to improve its network should be reason enough for anyone to want this deal to go through
Morgan Reed, executive director of the trade group, Association for Competitive Technology, said AT&T has at least one key fact on its side: Deutsche Telekom has said it does not plan to continue to invest in upgrading the T-Mobile network to deliver faster wireless. That means, ?T-Mobile is not a competitor anymore,?? Reed said.
Source: Government sues to block AT&T, T-Mobile merger - Boston.com

No sense in good spectrum to go to waste

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
DT has basically given up in T-mo, so if the merger doesn't happen, T-mo will probably shut down in a couple years, or be bought for significantly cheaper than it is now. I bet that would be real good for the people who would otherwise be able to keep their jobs...

AT&T could use the spectrum and service area to build out. And, T-Mo customers would gain a significant increase in service area and quality as well. Seriously, try to use T-Mo where I live, and IF you get signal, good luck keeping it. Don't even get me started on Verizon.

The DOJ let Verizon buy up properties, including Alltel, with no real gripes. But, as soon as AT&T does anything, the DOJ is all over them.

A monopoly is one company controlling enough of a certain market to essentially be the only option, with no competition. Even if the merger goes through, this is NOT going to be the case. There is still Sprint, and VZW on a national level, and several small regional carriers everywhere else.

Someone has bad blood with AT&T and for whatever reason, they have become a DOJ target.

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Would you say the quality of our national wireless is good enough that we can afford to LOSE a major competitor? As an iPhone 3GS user I can assure you the answer is no.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
What benefit is t-mo offering if they have ceased most all of the tech upgrades and network buildings?

Also' being a former OTR driver' I've had the best luck with AT&T. I tried Verizon' but its horrible in most of my home state. AT&T is just fine. I would take a look at the 3gs itself. I had nothing but trouble with mine, especially after root. Switched to a 4' and it cured numerous problems.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
But there wouldn't be a national level GSM carrier available except for AT&T, and not everyone can turn to a smaller regional carrier/prepaid carrier for service.

It's always a "to each his own" when it comes to cell phone service, but I feel that there's a better option for DT to get out of the US market than selling T-Mobile USA to another cell phone carrier. I understand DT wanting to get out of the US market place, but I feel that there's a better option.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Would you say the quality of our national wireless is good enough that we can afford to LOSE a major competitor? As an iPhone 3GS user I can assure you the answer is no.

the quality is based on the technology used and amount of bandwidth available. This merger would have no effect on that

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
the quality is based on the technology used and amount of bandwidth available. This merger would have no effect on that

No, no, no... you're talking literally about signal "quality"... I'm talking about general quality, from coverage to customer service, from signal strength to broadband speeds, from pricing to phone selection. The industry is already stagnant in several of these areas. Whatever pressure there was for AT&T, and other carriers, to fix/improve these areas of service... well, losing a major competitor will alleviate that pressure significantly. The situation for the consumer will go from bad to worse.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
No, no, no... you're talking literally about signal "quality"... I'm talking about general quality, from coverage to customer service, from signal strength to broadband speeds, from pricing to phone selection. The industry is already stagnant in several of these areas. Whatever pressure there was for AT&T, and other carriers, to fix/improve these areas of service... well, losing a major competitor will alleviate that pressure significantly. The situation for the consumer will go from bad to worse.

Signal strength and coverage will remain the same if not improve. Everyone is acting like they will be the only National cell phone provider. They will still be competing so i dont see broadband speeds taking a turn for the worse. As far as Customer service..I've played with all the names involved here..none of them are all that great. I like to think that AT&T will just incorporate any phone a company would be designing for T-mobile into their lineup and it would bring even more phones to the market because IMO AT&T is still way behind on android options but I'm not going to even pretend to be delusional with that.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not understanding why the merger would cause "competition to be lowered". I don't know any one who has TMo. Please don't be offended TMo users but if AT&T wants to buy TMo, it's a win for you. You get a larger selection of phones and signal coverage would increase. I don't see a problem. Currently the market is held by two cdma carriers and two gsm carriers. It's only a matter of time before there will be one cdma carrier and one gsm carrier. It's business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon