why is Verizon getting all the top phones

wentzville

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
All I hear (and read) is Verizon is getting this new phone and that new phone. Only 1 phone from att. Holiday/Raider WTF? Is at&t napping? Do I have to switch carriers to get a decent phone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
All I hear (and read) is Verizon is getting this new phone and that new phone. Only 1 phone from att. Holiday/Raider WTF? Is at&t napping? Do I have to switch carriers to get a decent phone.

In short, they get them because they are willing to pay for them. The Atrix 2 is also a top notch phone.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I feel the opposite actually. I'm with Verizon right now, out of contract and looking to upgrade. Yeah sure we just got the RAZR and Rezound and supposedly the Galaxy Nexus is coming soon but even that doesn't look as good as everyone is hyping it to be. The RAZR and Rezound didn't impress me that much even though their specs look amazing on paper. There are issues with the RAZR or else I would have jumped on it on release day.

I'm actually thinking of jumping ship to AT&T for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. That phone looks amazing and Verizon doesn't have anything like it right now!

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
What makes them better than the top tier ATT phones? The SGS2, Atrix, Skyrocket, Vivid, and upcoming Holiday, not to mention the Thrill, and the OG Attic.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TvTechGuru

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
What makes them better than the top tier ATT phones? The SGS2, Atrix, Skyrocket, Vivid, and upcoming Holiday, not to mention the Thrill, and the OG Attic.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

They are just hyped more, all of the phones listed are amazing.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
They are just hyped more, all of the phones listed are amazing.

That's kind of what I thought. Looking at specs, the original Atrix is still right up there with everything else, and AT&T had it months ago. The Atrix 2 is the same as the Bionic, without the LTE radio. The SGS2 is basically the same across the board, with minor changes to suit the carriers.

Verizon just cranks out the marketing. I mean, they REALLY lay it on!

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, I was actually thinking the same as the OP. I really wanted the Nexus, and settled for the SGSII Skyrocket since it looked to be the best available phone. I'm in NYC so there's no LTE in my area as of yet, which is basically a waste of the phone IMO. And I don't travel anywhere outside the city often like a lot of the business oriented people that travel and take advantage of the LTE nationwide so that's out of the question.

I keep reading about how great the display is on other phones because the Skyrocket's isn't all that great and it's making me want to switch phones honestly. I'm still within my 30 days too so I'm considering other phones, yet I'm really tired of the iPhone 4S so that's out for me. I don't know what to do lol! I don't buy phones often as soon as they come, so when I do I really look towards the handset that will last me the longest.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure, I was actually thinking the same as the OP. I really wanted the Nexus, and settled for the SGSII Skyrocket since it looked to be the best available phone. I'm in NYC so there's no LTE in my area as of yet, which is basically a waste of the phone IMO. And I don't travel anywhere outside the city often like a lot of the business oriented people that travel and take advantage of the LTE nationwide so that's out of the question.

I keep reading about how great the display is on other phones because the Skyrocket's isn't all that great and it's making me want to switch phones honestly. I'm still within my 30 days too so I'm considering other phones, yet I'm really tired of the iPhone 4S so that's out for me. I don't know what to do lol! I don't buy phones often as soon as they come, so when I do I really look towards the handset that will last me the longest.

Are you kidding?! The display on the Skyrocket is amazing, I think the best out there when compared to the RAZR, Rezound, Atrix, you name it. I'm really considering going to AT&T just for the Skyrocket. Thinking of waiting a little to see if they release the white version. It's not a big deal, I would take the black one.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
LG Thrill, Moto Atrix & Atrix 2, SGSII, and HTC Vivid are all amazing devices and every bit as good as the top tier Verizon phones. I have experience with all of them.

I'm not sure, I was actually thinking the same as the OP. I really wanted the Nexus, and settled for the SGSII Skyrocket since it looked to be the best available phone.

The Nexus and the SGSII (original and Skyrocket), are the most hyped devices of all at least in tech circles.

People are treating the Nexus as if it is the Holy Grail and VZW is sooo terrible for delaying the launch, but the reality is that Verizon knows that while they will sell well, it will be mostly to tech people like us and that most average consumers don't know what ICS is or what it's benefits are, only that the sales associate says that it the most recent version of Android so of course it must be better. The same average consumer will loose patience when apps that worked on their older phones or their friend's phones dont work. They wont have the patience to wait for them to get upgraded they will simply get mad and return the devices and the whole thing will leave a bitter taste in their mouths. Remember what happened with the Xoom? And the Blackberry Storm?

As someone who works in sales I actually think it was a GOOD idea for them to delay this till after Black Friday. If you give the consumer too many choices the tend to get confused. We have two brand new top tier devices, which are a sharp contrast to each-other, and a smattering of older ones. Adding the Nexus to the mix would just confuse them and increase the return rate on the device.

SGSII is fast and has a great screen. I give it that, but for actual use I will take my Rezound. The UI is more functionally practical for me.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding?! The display on the Skyrocket is amazing, I think the best out there when compared to the RAZR, Rezound, Atrix, you name it. I'm really considering going to AT&T just for the Skyrocket. Thinking of waiting a little to see if they release the white version. It's not a big deal, I would take the black one.

The screen isn't everything.

Yes it is significantly better (I have the original SGSII and have sold several Infuses) than the moto devices but comparing them side by side I actually like the Rezound's better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12