BB to Aria

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My cousin is giving his HTC Aria to my sister who will be replacing her BB 9700. My sister has unlimited data. She got her BB before ATT changed to tiered pricing.
If we just put her SIM card into the Aria will that be fine or should we call ATT first? I don't want my sister to lose her unlimited data plan.
Thanks in advance.

bigboi0206

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
She should go up there physically to the store and have them do it in person but she shouldn't lose it. They are gonna let me keep my unlimited when I switch to the LTE HTC Vivid.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I switch out phones frequently, and have never lost the unlimited.

You do need to call cs or go to the ATT store. BB data is routed directly to BB nocs. They will switch you to unlimited smartphone data.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I went from BB to Android and had no problem keeping my unlimited data. I understand tho, that the way data is provisioned is different between BB and Android. They had to change some settings in their system (not on the phone) to make sure all the features worked. At least that's what they told me they had to do. Didn't affect me in any way as far as price or keeping my unlimited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis