Own iPhone 4S and not impressed...

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says...

My questions are:

1. I'm on AT&T so what is the best android phone available right now?

2. I'm sure there has to be a way to get my iTunes music on an android phone?

3. Is there something like iCloud?

4. Is rooting pretty much they same idea as jailbreaking?

5. I own all Mac computers...will I have a hard time getting my pictures on the device?

6. Are there apps so I can view files such as PDFs, Microsoft office (word, excel, PP)

Is there anything else that you can guys/gals can think of?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.361575,-157.920174

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I would say any of the phones that are LTE capable. There are cities that are live that haven't been announced and probably will not be for a few more months. Personally I like the S2 Skyrocket LTE version or the HSPA+ LG Thrill. Best thing is to find a local store with all of the selections and take them for a run. All Itunes songs will need to be converted to MP3 then moved to the Android.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
i also went from an iphone to the Skyrocket. I really like the phone and the screen size!
Use doubletwist to get your itunes music on your phone. (it doesn't have to be converted) Its a free app, but you have to hook it up to the computer. Airsync is a addon you can get for $5 in the market. Also use google music or Amazon cloud player to upload your music to the "cloud". Both are free for 20,000 songs. You can then stream or download to you phone. Most itunes music had DRM removed a few years ago. If you have music back that far, you may have to convert it.
Movies will have to be converted to work on your phone. Alot of people recommend DVD catalyst.Home of the best DVD & Video conversion tool on the planet | Tools4Movies It is on sale for $10 They have settings to match most phones. But you will have to remove the DRM from the movies first. I haven't tried one yet, but there are recommendations on the forums.
As for Pics, see if you can move them to Dropbox, or picasa and they can be synced to your phone. On your new phone, download an app called Dropsnap, As you take pictures on your phone, it will upload them to you dropbox account and they will be available on all your devices. Also set your camera to save pics to your SD card if you have one. This will help save them if you break your phone.
For ringtones, download Ringdroid to make your own ringtones, Zedge has ringtones/notification tones.Both are free in the market. If you want to use the ringtones you purchased for your iphone, you will have to convert them to mp3 to get them to work on your new phone.
As for contacts, if you still have your iphone you can plug it into itunes and under contacts you can check the box that allows them to be synced with google. If not try from your gmail account and import contacts that may work.
And don't forget to get the Amazon appstore on your phone. If only for the free app of the day.
Hope this helps.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, all of ur itunes music can just be transferred over using Google music. Google music also has a store, and is one of the programs in Google's cloud services. Their other cloud services consist of books, apps, movies, and backing up contacts and other information. If u want movies, there is a specific section for them in the android market. Idk why these other people said that they needed to be converted. They might need to be converted if u wanted to take them off of DVDs, but the easiest way is just to RENT them through the android market. You cannot BUY movies, but just RENT them. Hope I helped.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Elvisgp is right you can rent them from the android market. But if you want to watch any movies or tv shows you bought from iTunes on your phone, you will have to convert them.

Reactions: elvisgp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC