I've ordered a Galaxy Nexus from expansys, and it is said to arrive on monday. I used to have a Captivate (before it was stolen a couple of weeks ago), and now I have my friend's old iPhone 3GS ().
    When I took the 3GS into the AT&T store to get it activated, I asked them what to do when I get the Galaxy Nexus and need a SIM card. They said to take it to them, and they will activate it. However, I won't be able to go to the AT&T store until perhaps the following weekend, so my question is this: can I just pop out the brand new SIM card in my iPhone 3GS and use it in the Galaxy Nexus until I can go get a new SIM card? The other part of my question is if the SIM card in my 3GS will work with HSPA+ if I put it in the GNex?
    11-24-2011 08:06 AM
    I've ordered a Galaxy Nexus from expansys, and it is said to arrive on monday. I used to have a Captivate (before it was stolen a couple of weeks ago), and now I have my friend's old iPhone 3GS ().
    When I took the 3GS into the AT&T store to get it activated, I asked them what to do when I get the Galaxy Nexus and need a SIM card. They said to take it to them, and they will activate it. However, I won't be able to go to the AT&T store until perhaps the following weekend, so my question is this: can I just pop out the brand new SIM card in my iPhone 3GS and use it in the Galaxy Nexus until I can go get a new SIM card? The other part of my question is if the SIM card in my 3GS will work with HSPA+ if I put it in the GNex?
    Hmm, I know this will be of little help, but since I've been on Sprint ever since I've owned a cell phone, I'm wondering the same thing as I plan to be making the switch to AT&T. Tomorrow, hopefully.
    11-24-2011 05:32 PM
    Depends on the sim card in the 3GS if the 9th and 10 numbers are 25 then it will work on hspa + or LTE if u put it in an LTE phone. You will still need yo call customer care or go in store to be placed on a 4g data plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    ibejack96 likes this.
    11-24-2011 05:48 PM
    Depends on the sim card in the 3GS if the 9th and 10 numbers are 25 then it will work on hspa + or LTE if u put it in an LTE phone. You will still need yo call customer care or go in store to be placed on a 4g data plan.

ok the SIM card will work, so I just need to call customer service, give them my number, and have them place me on a 4g data plan? this is free, right?
    11-25-2011 07:14 AM
    The 4g plans are the sane price as 3g plans so call cc and tell them the inside for the new phone and they will put u on the plan that works fir that phone

11-25-2011 02:08 PM
    as long as the SIM card has never been used before it should work.
    11-25-2011 11:25 PM