I don't even have 3g in my city yet!

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Airraves do not have EVDO support yet, so I don't understand how this would help you.

Sprint hooked me up with an Airrave too, but only after I stated that VZW had crystal-clear service in my apartment, and Sprint did not and I would frequently drop calls. Airraves only support voice at the moment.

It stopped the constant 1x <--> 3G signal hunting.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought the newer airraves (released this year) now have 3G support.

Not obvious to me what the benefit would be. The Airrave needs an ethernet connection. If you can deliver that, you'd be better off connecting your phone to WiFi - faster than 3G, and uses less power_ too.

Lowen SoDium

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Me too

I also live in Bowling Green, and yes it is stupid that sprint doesn't have 3G here.

Bluegrass cellular has it.
Verizon has it (even though they don't sell service for the area)
ATT has it (even though it is largely useless because ATT has a ****ty network that is over populated and under powered)

And yet Sprint does have 3G coverage in little Scottsville of all places.

Sprint has been telling me that they will have 3G in Bowling Green by the end of the year. Of course they have been telling me that for at least the last 3 years so I don't quite believe them.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Not obvious to me what the benefit would be. The Airrave needs an ethernet connection. If you can deliver that, you'd be better off connecting your phone to WiFi - faster than 3G, and uses less power_ too.

DING! actually it would benefit older phones with 3G but no wifi. That was something i found annoying on my LG Dare (I know VZW, and not Sprint)

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
supposedly 3g is supposed to be turned on today in the Evansville area, so one would expect places like Henderson and Owensboro should go online with 3g too, however granted it's 2PM and so far no 3g from what I've heard from anyone... Anyone want to make a trip up north and see if you'll get 3g in Henderson or EVV????

thacounty

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I also live in Bowling Green, and yes it is stupid that sprint doesn't have 3G here.

Bluegrass cellular has it.
Verizon has it (even though they don't sell service for the area)
ATT has it (even though it is largely useless because ATT has a ****ty network that is over populated and under powered)

And yet Sprint does have 3G coverage in little Scottsville of all places.

Sprint has been telling me that they will have 3G in Bowling Green by the end of the year. Of course they have been telling me that for at least the last 3 years so I don't quite believe them.

Bumping an old thread because I am also in BG and I also need some 3g with Sprint!! Just a side note, Verizon doesn't have 3G in BG, Verizon is on roam in BG and Verizon has no data on roam.

Someone back me up and say something to Sprint on Twitter, I asked them a while back and I got rejected because I was the only one asking. They need to get 3g in a big market like we have.

brandonbv

May 17, 2010
Visit site
supposedly 3g is supposed to be turned on today in the Evansville area, so one would expect places like Henderson and Owensboro should go online with 3g too, however granted it's 2PM and so far no 3g from what I've heard from anyone... Anyone want to make a trip up north and see if you'll get 3g in Henderson or EVV????

Owensboro now has 3G! I was browsing the web on 11/3 and noticed my speed was faster than normal. I did a speed test and sure enough I got 1.2 down and 790 up. I don't know about BG but surely if Owensboro now has it, BG is around the corner.