Current AT&T users: happy or unhappy?

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of switching to AT&T from Sprint.

It seems you always here alot of bad press about AT&T. Was curious. Anyone have
Good things to say?

I had a rep at sams club explain how AT&T was pretty bad. But people really havn' t realized the amount
Of upgrades AT&T has done.
I like how he said.. AT&T is building the network correctly yes lte is slow building out, but...
the backhaul has greatly improved. Meaning when you don' t have lte you will go down to hspa+, then to hspa, then to 3g depending o your area.where as Verizon and Sprint... once you are off of lte, or wimax.. you go rigbt down to crappy 3g speeds. I likee the way he drew this up on paper. I also liked how he was
honesr and said " not gonna lie.. we were pretty bad wben the I-Phone first came out.
I have some friends who have AT&T and they love them.. they also are pulling down 4 too 6 mbps
here in southeast michigan..

So just curious on current AT&T cust thoughts. As with my company discount they are only
$15.00 higher than with Sprint. Thats with me @5gb and wife @3gb.

Last edited by a moderator:

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: current AT&T users. happy? not happy?

I have been with AT&T for years and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. I very rarely drop calls anymore. (HTC Vivid and iPhone 4S, Central NJ.)

Reactions: anon(156377)

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with them in central Wisconsin. Still lots of Edge only areas, but service is stable here.

Biggest thing is to find out who has the best service where you intend to use it, and go with them.

You do have a 30 day window to cancel without an etf, try them out.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

PewterL31

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not had many issues with att here in Memphis, TN or near Boston,MA when I lived near there.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Im also very happy with AT&T. Im in Texas and have very good coverage, no dropped calls and fast LTE speeds. All is excellent here :)

Sent from my HTC PH39100

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

No problems when I lived in Los Angeles and none in Denver metro area now. There are trucking companies that swear by at&t reception all over Colorado.

The reason I stick with them is because:

1) FAT discount through work lol

2) hspa+ if LTE ever went down *cough*Verizon*cough*

They're customer service has been good to me also.

FrankAnthony3

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I am Pi**ed with AT&T....... I only used 2.1gigabytes on my unlimited data plan and they slowed down my phone to the point its almost useless. WTF!!!

I'm not even gonna get started on the fact that they said my LG Thrill would get an update in October. Also the salesmen and the box said its 4G and its not even real 4G.

Now until next month I have a text messaging phone. Way to go AT&T looks like im gonna have to buy out of this contract and go to Verizon and get there 5 gig deal. It really bothers me because I never used over 4 gigs with them and now my unlimited data plan means unusable data plan!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

when you don' t have lte you will go down to hspa+, then to hspa, then to 3g depending o your area.

HSPA is 3G, not sure if the Sam's Club guy fully understood what he was talking about.

Carrier satisfaction is still mainly regional. AT&T has been great for me for years in the Chicago area, but if you're in an area where their infrastructure is not as strong, you're not going to be happy. That being said, I believe AT&T will have the strongest nationwide network (LTE & HSPA+) within the next 12-18 months.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

I am Pi**ed with AT&T....... I only used 2.1gigabytes on my unlimited data plan and they slowed down my phone to the point its almost useless. WTF!!!

I'm not even gonna get started on the fact that they said my LG Thrill would get an update in October. Also the salesmen and the box said its 4G and its not even real 4G.

Now until next month I have a text messaging phone. Way to go AT&T looks like im gonna have to buy out of this contract and go to Verizon and get there 5 gig deal. It really bothers me because I never used over 4 gigs with them and now my unlimited data plan means unusable data plan!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You know... Your "horrible" throttled speeds are the max speeds I have seen with sprint for months now. For 8 months or so on Sprint I have averaged 150kbps to 200kbps data. Sometimes I can get 300-500kbps at 2-3am in the mornings.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site

You know... Your "horrible" throttled speeds are the max speeds I have seen with sprint for months now. For 8 months or so on Sprint I have averaged 150kbps to 200kbps data. Sometimes I can get 300-500kbps at 2-3am in the mornings.

I can confirm and agree to those speeds. Being a Sprint cust. Main reason all my family members are
All ready to jump ship to AT&T.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm also going to be jumping my Sprint family to AT&T. They appear to have dumped a ton of money into Phoenix so I believe they've probably gone from okay to really good or something. Unlimited data with Sprint becomes less appealing when you realize how slow it is.

And I seriously question all the bad press AT&T gets. It just doesn't add up, if they are as bad as all the "studies" claim then why aren't they dying as a wireless company? I'm guessing the negativity is more focused than most people think. They might be really really bad in only certain areas (like NY) and also possibly only with certain devices (iphone saturation), but be decent to good everywhere else. Because some of those places are really dense though, or there are so many iphone users, that might be skewing the results a ton. The sheer amount of negative press just doesn't add up for the nations second largest carrier. I'd expect them to be in third to last place. Just a thought.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site

People always complain. Negative press gets picked up more than positive.

I also agree. AT&T should be behind sprint with all the negative press you here...
I don' t buy it. Maybe some areas are bad. But that goes with any wireless provider.
How about Verizon with there network crashing so frequently lately thru out the entire country???

Main reason I started this post. I was hoping to get some postive happy AT&T cust to
Chime in.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, their customer service sucks and so does their Android update support. However, their 3G speeds there in SE Wisconsin are amazing! I do a lot of travelling and don't really have any issues either. I usually am out in the sticks but I still can get EDGE/spotty 3G coverage. Heck, I surf from my treestand 20 minutes from the Michigan border! Never had a network outage either.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Moved my service to AT&T from Sprint last September. The phone I have ASIDE, I have no issues with the service at all. It works where I need to and is plenty fast. I drop a call here and there, but the fact is I've dropped calls with EVERY carrier I've been with. So yes, I'm pretty happy with AT&T overall.

Reactions: Lorak

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Yep Can't wait to jump ship to at&t in a few months. Just waiting for the sony ion or galaxy s3 news.

Until then I am chugging along on sprints dial up network!
133663681.png

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Extremely happy with them. They have been nice and considerate and polite. Unlimited data is truly unlimited where I live. Can't get any better. All my friends are jealous since they have sprint and T-Mobile.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

element526

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

Their network speed and lack of dropped calls are both generally very good where I am.
That being said their customer dis-service is amazing. Up until about one year ago I had nothing but good things to say about ATT. At that point I made the huge mistake of joining U Verse. That resulted in months of billing issues where they were trying to wrongly charge me about $400. After dozens of calls to Customer Care
they admitted a mistake had been made and took the charges off. No apology for the stress though.
I currently have an Infuse which was promised an update months ago. If you look in the Infuse thread you will see what a debacle this has become.
If you never need Customer Service then ATT is a very good carrier. If you even occasionally have an issue then....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463