Early termination due to lack of coverage. Any experience?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
We are trying some last attempts at keeping AT&T service due to a lack of coverage in our area.
My wife is at home with my two children, and she drops on the average of 90% of her calls with her iPhone 4S. My SG2 drops calls too, but much less frequently, especially since I am not home as much as she is.
Anyway, we've got a MicroCell on the way, but if that does not work, we are going to have to ask to be released from our contract due to no coverage in our area.
Has anyone done this successfully with AT&T? If so, how tough was it?
There is no way I'm paying any early termination fees for a service that has not worked well since we've started it (September 2011). We've had an engineering call out since 6 weeks ago with no results and no indication when it will actually be looked at....
Thanks!

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
#1 the microcell will work, we use many for our remote employee's

#2 you had a grace period when you originally signed up to try out the devices, and to make sure the coverage was a good fit for your needs (i'm assuming you didn't take advantage of this trial period)

#3 if your that worried about kids & wife @ home, put a land-line in or alternate service provider as back-up (there really aren't any excuses here)

We all think cell phones are some kind of right of way, and demand the carriers to bend over backwards for us, it simply isn't so. They are commodities like ketchup & mustard. Even in 2012 there are plenty of alternative services available to fit our needs.

Cell phone coverage not guaranteed everywhere.:cool:

rquinn19

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
#1 the microcell will work, we use many for our remote employee's

#2 you had a grace period when you originally signed up to try out the devices, and to make sure the coverage was a good fit for your needs (i'm assuming you didn't take advantage of this trial period)

#3 if your that worried about kids & wife @ home, put a land-line in or alternate service provider as back-up (there really aren't any excuses here)

We all think cell phones are some kind of right of way, and demand the carriers to bend over backwards for us, it simply isn't so. They are commodities like ketchup & mustard. Even in 2012 there are plenty of alternative services available to fit our needs.

Cell phone coverage not guaranteed everywhere.:cool:

1. ok
2. bs - does not always apply (I had Sprint in my house and it worked fine for years, one day it stopped working...they said there should never be a "degradation" in service and never found an answer as to why it didn't work. I guess I should just live with it? Two weeks later they told me it was a problem with a T1 line or something (too late by then).
3. bs - why should he have too? Assuming your "remote employees" need internet access for they job, do they all have cable plus dsl as a backup?

when carriers advertise and promote their service as a reliable landline replacement they do owe us something...landlines are commodities too if you want to get technical. So if the coverage map is not accurate it's the consumers fault?

Why do people (you) make excuses for these companies? We are paying for a service that they advertised. If they can't live up to it then why should we be held accountable? If they can't hold up to their end why should we have to?

Should renters "just deal with it" if their landlords choose not to fix a whole in the roof?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance