This is too good to be true, is this legit?

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys,

I currently own a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch but after playing with the Note, I told myself that I have to get this phone. It's absolutely amazing.

I came across this ebay listing promising Unlimited Voice/Data/LTE/SMS/MMS Sim card for $199.99. For the service itself, it is prepaid and is $120 for every 3 months. It sounds TOO GOOD to be true! Do you guys think this is legit? If anything I should be backed up by ebay/paypal. I am very tempted to purchase but would like some feedback.

Unlimited Data/Voice/Texts Sim Card iPads, Tablets & iPhones ( AT&T Network ) | eBay

What do you guys think? Thanks!

PewterL31

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Scam. Ipad and tabs don't have voice/text plans. Plus u can't get ipad/iPhone on prepaid data will nor work.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

Reactions: bhem

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Could be someone scalping Straight Talk SIMs. It's not exactly $120 for 3 months but it's close. He might be eating the couple dollars difference for the first three months with part of the scalp money, hence the vague "THIS IS AN INTRODUCTORY PRICE TO GET A FEW SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
AFTER THAT THE PRICE WILL GO UP!" statement. He doesn't, after all, say it's an AT&T branded card or specify which price will go up - that of the SIM or the service itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhem

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Could be someone scalping Straight Talk SIMs. It's not exactly $120 for 3 months but it's close. He might be eating the couple dollars difference for the first three months with part of the scalp money, hence the vague "THIS IS AN INTRODUCTORY PRICE TO GET A FEW SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
AFTER THAT THE PRICE WILL GO UP!" statement. He doesn't, after all, say it's an AT&T branded card or specify which price will go up - that of the SIM or the service itself.

You are absolutely right! But my stubborn self went ahead and purchased it. I figured I'd take the chance since I have some extra cash and if anything goes wrong, I'd dispute it with ebay. So what do ya know, a few days later I received a Straight Talk sim card and man I was heated!! lol. So I emailed the dude and he responded with:

"My listing does not say AT&T sim cards anywhere
It also states no refunds
Please read next time"

So immediately, I opened a case with eBay. And as of yesterday, the case was decided in my favor because I argued that: 1) Straight Talk does not support LTE and 2) Their pre paid service is $125.99 for 3 months, not $120. Ebay emailed me a pre paid return label and I will get my total refund after it has been received. (I am impressed how quickly eBay handled this case)

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You are absolutely right! But my stubborn self went ahead and purchased it. I figured I'd take the chance since I have some extra cash and if anything goes wrong, I'd dispute it with ebay. So what do ya know, a few days later I received a Straight Talk sim card and man I was heated!! lol. So I emailed the dude and he responded with:

"My listing does not say AT&T sim cards anywhere
It also states no refunds
Please read next time"

So immediately, I opened a case with eBay. And as of yesterday, the case was decided in my favor because I argued that: 1) Straight Talk does not support LTE and 2) Their pre paid service is $125.99 for 3 months, not $120. Ebay emailed me a pre paid return label and I will get my total refund after it has been received. (I am impressed how quickly eBay handled this case)

Slithery bastage. At least eBay's backing you up on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12