Best AT&T LTE Phone?

doubleblack#AC

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

LTE is coming to my market within the next 2 months, and I'd like to get a new LTE phone so I can take advantage of the speed! I don't have to buy a phone straight from AT&T, although the One X looks pretty nice, my question is what phone is best to take advantage of 4G LTE and "4G" HSPA+ w/enhanced overhaul. I am interested in good battery life (I know, might not be possible with 4G), therefore possibly removable battery, and I like stock interface. Any input would be appreciated.

(By the way I currently have i9020a Nexus S bought unlocked online)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would still currently agree with Android Centrals post about it a while back to the HTC Vivd, but a close second would be the Skyrocket.

doubleblack#AC

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that the only phones I can find, and only phones recommended here, are ones for sale from AT&T...are there no "international unlocked phones" that are 4G LTE/HSPA+ w/ enhanced backhaul?

I appreciate everyone's response, I have some replies though:

1) HTC vivid doesn't really seem all that interesting, seems rather boring actually. I'm looking for something more on the bleeding edge.
2) I'm not really a fan of touchwiz, I have a Nexus S now with ICS and actually prefer the stock look.

I bought the Nexus S because I was always wanting latest updates, now that I know that won't be the case due to their fragmentation among the Nexus S line itself (I ended up having to unlock my bootloader to install ICS then flash i9020a radio over it) I am a little more open about what I'm looking for. Size is important for me, I don't want a massive screen (Nexus S size, maybe a little bigger, is about the biggest I'd be willing to go), battery life is also important (looking for an LTE phone I think I may be interested in something with removable battery so I can upgrade, although I've never done that before), and something with quick updates/stock interface would be good too. Although at very least I'd maybe like something that is easy to hack/customize just in case things change in the future, that came in handy with my Nexus S (although I had no plans to).

Thanks!

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You won't find a non-AT&T phone with LTE that you can use on their network, hence all the suggestions are AT&T devices.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

doubleblack#AC

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You won't find a non-AT&T phone with LTE that you can use on their network, hence all the suggestions are AT&T devices.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
That's pretty much the info I was looking for, so in order to use LTE on AT&T you HAVE you use an AT&T phone? I apologize if this sounds stupid, but isn't LTE an international standard...

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally the HTC One X is probably going to be the best one out there as long as you can live with the lack of replacable battery and the lack of an SD card slot. Should be available in May or June. Pretty soon after LTE gets lit up in your area. I am waiting for that one myself.

TheNDChief

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Right now One X. But I love my skyrocket. Flawless so far in every way but the power of the one x is a sell for anyone looking to pick up the best. As the one x drops that will probably be your best choice, but once again the skyrocket is still a great option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34