AT&T and HTC EVO 3D????

jasonjake

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I bought an HTC EVO 3D on ebay from over seas and I can not get it to work on at&t. The phone operates on GSM network so not sure what the problem could be. I tried twice and absolutley nothing happens after putting in my Sim card. Customer service says its the device. Im just wondering if anyone has delt with this before. Thanks!

Jason

jasonjake

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am not absolutely sure it is unlocked, but that is what the listing said. Is there a way to verify this? The box it came in says Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 mhz) It also lists HSPA/WCDMA with other freqs.... I believe that is what AT&T is on. The IMEI on the box matches that on the phone. I'm pretty frusturated here.

jrodsep6133

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that the device is locked to an overseas carrier. It sounds as if the frequencies are the right ones for AT&T.

Does the box or the booting sequence show any carrier name?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Check the APN settings. If it has APNs for an overseas carrier and doesn't give you the ability to add/change APNs, then it's not unlocked.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I bought an HTC EVO 3D on ebay from over seas and I can not get it to work on at&t. The phone operates on GSM network so not sure what the problem could be. I tried twice and absolutley nothing happens after putting in my Sim card. Customer service says its the device. Im just wondering if anyone has delt with this before. Thanks!

Jason

No such animal exists. That is a Sprint phone, cdma only. Get your money back.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No such animal exists. That is a Sprint phone, cdma only. Get your money back.

Actually yes there is. INTERNATIONAL versions were released.
OP, Google gsm unlock codes and you can pay for an unlock code

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums