Advice: Upgrade purchase & data plan

dhuff

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving from an iPhone 3GS to an Android device on AT&T. Been assured by two, different AT&T cust svc reps via email that I will be grandfathered into my existing unlimited data plan as long as I upgrade to any smartphone.

The issue is, I'd much rather purchase the upgrade from somewhere like Amazon Wireless vs. AT&T, since the price is quite a bit lower. But I've come across a few horror stories from people like me who were shoehorned into new data plans with the new device and spent a fair amount of time & frustration getting their old data plan back.

Any advice for me ?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem with upgrading through a third party is that they may not be able to specify the unlimited data plan since it is no longer offered by AT&T. If you contact AT&T customer service immediately after upgrading and have them verify that you're keeping your unlimited data, you shouldn't have a problem. Other than having to deal with AT&T customer service, of course.

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
i have also herd those horror stories about amazon some of them have been able to get there unlimited back by calling customer service with att. So if u decide to go amazon's route make sure to call. i personally went with best buy because they price match any local in-store price around there (meaning if att, walmart, target, or any other retailer have a cheaper price around you they will match it).

dhuff

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Ended up going with Amazon Wireless. No issues whatsoever. They gave me the full upgrade price on the handset I chose and let me keep my existing voice plan intact. Two thumbs up! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam