Torn between One X, SGSII, Galaxy Nexus...or something else?

Which phone should I get?

• Total voters

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
So I am thinking of picking up a higher end android phone soon, but I am torn between the One X, SGSII, and Galaxy Nexus...or even the possibility of waiting for the GSIII. I've been trying to come up with a list of pros and cons and this small list is what I could come up with:

one x

screen
camera
gpu (adreno 225)
processor
beats
lte
higher data cap (i have unlim on at&t, they cap lte devices at 5gb vs. 3gb on hspa+)
lockscreen access to apps
build quality
notification led
mass storage (instead of mtp)
faster apn (uses the PTA APN which is reserved for lte devices and seems to be the fastest apn on at&t)
visual voicemail

galaxy nexus

removable battery
hacking/cyanogenmod (I love cyanogenmod and am a huge supporter of it)
timely updates (no updates that have to be carrier approved so much quicker process)
notification led
search widget (persistent at the top of home screens, one X does not have this)
nonprotruding camera
stock keyboard (I'm usually not a fan of skinned keyboards)
notification shortcuts (if using cyanogenmod)
lockscreen access (if using cyanogenmod)

galaxy s ii

memory card slot
gpu (mali400)
camera
processor
hacking/cyanogenmod
search widget (with cyanogenmod)
nonprotruding camera
mass storage (instead of mtp)
stock keyboard
notification shortcuts (with cyanogenmod)
removable battery
lockscreen access (with cyanogenmod)

of course I pretty much have OCD and all these things I've listed has only made the decision harder for me. I don't have LTE here in Colorado Springs but when we do get it (if we do) I would love to be able to take advantadge of that...at the same time I love a clean AOSP experience with timely updates ala stock android or CM9...

I'm torn here guys, what would you guys suggest I get? Help me out!

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Over 100 views and no replies or poll votes? I realize my question is very n00b, but I could use the help with your guys' opinions. I appreciate it!

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
maybe you should post this in the one X section.. ive had all the high end phones with the exception of the nexus.. and the one X is the best android phone ive used to date.. also you get 25gigs of free cloud storage from dropbox for 2 years with the one x... the sgs2 shouldnt even be in this poll..i previously used a note then went back to a trusty ip4s before coming to the one x.. its the perfect size.. feels nice in the hand... sense 4.0 is much nicer than touchwiz IMO.. the one X is the best android phone are the market now.. reviews against the sgs3 that i have read are already saying the one x is a better device, not to mention the cam takes much better pics

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I only thought to put it in the AT&T forum to avoid any bias towards a device, I put the GSII in because spec wise except for the lower res screen it is still on par and has cm support (I know that's not the only reason to factor a phone decision on but it is an important one for a lot of us nonetheless)

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd honestly only pick between the One X and the GS3.

I'm a huge HTC fan, and if the One X had come with 32GB of storage like everywhere else in the world it would most likely be my choice (and I would have already switched to AT&T from sprint).

But with only 16GB (10GB for user stuff, photos,video, music) Its a deal breaker for me. Cloud storage is nice, but I don't like to count on it to reach my stuff. And possibly deal with data overages for using what I own.

So I am waiting until the GS3 drops on AT&T to make the switch. SD card is just something I can not live without.

cd36

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
One x does have a search widget, they just don't make it mandatory to have it at the top of ever page, you can add/remove it as you please.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
the SGS2 is no where near on par with the onex or sgs3.. just because it has a dual core processor it doesnt compare to the new S4 in the oneX... i personally dont store alot on my phone so the lack of SD is no big deal to me.. ive been a long time iphone user so i dont see the big importance when i usually offload all my pics ect... i will be putting the dropbox space to good use though...

Malgus

Banned
Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd honestly only pick between the One X and the GS3.

I'm a huge HTC fan, and if the One X had come with 32GB of storage like everywhere else in the world it would most likely be my choice (and I would have already switched to AT&T from sprint).

But with only 16GB (10GB for user stuff, photos,video, music) Its a deal breaker for me. Cloud storage is nice, but I don't like to count on it to reach my stuff. And possibly deal with data overages for using what I own.

So I am waiting until the GS3 drops on AT&T to make the switch. SD card is just something I can not live without.

Im right there with you i dont mind no removable battery but sd cards i gotta have i like both phones but i have more luck with sammy than htc

Sent from the Darkside of the Force