What back up phone do you have?

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious...what back up phone do you have just in case you want to use something different or something goes wrong with your phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I need one, i do have an ATT line that is not being used and available for update but
it does not make sense to get a new phone plus an additional 20 dollar a month data plan.

My best bet would be to buy one of those GSM Google Nexus,s and keep it
in the box and ready in case something happens to my Galaxy Note.

Edit, Actually my best bet would be to cancel that 4th line that is not being used.

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
How much does the Google nexus cost? I've been thinking about getting a back up phone for a just in case but I also like to switch out phones quite often.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Backup phones can be handy in case god forbid something happens to your primary phone (my friend found out the hard way)

I have a Nokia E75 as my backup phone (I've a Prepaid SIM in it) & I use an Atrix as my primary phone

Sent from my MB860 using Android Central Forums

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Backup phones can be handy in case god forbid something happens to your primary phone (my friend found out the hard way)

I have a Nokia E75 as my backup phone (I've a Prepaid SIM in it) & I use an Atrix as my primary phone

Sent from my MB860 using Android Central Forums

Never thought about buying a prepaid phone for back up.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Over here on Verizon i have my old HTC Thunderbolt. Unfortunately Verizon has gone to micro sim cards, so if my MAXX kicks i will have to go get a new sim at a Verizon store before i can use it again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dn&utm_medium=display&hl=en-US&token=X8Of9Sjc

Better overall deal in the long run if you ask me.
No 2 year contract from your current provider.
Should work with most carriers sim cards.

Yeah I was thinking just buying a off contract phone either new at a lower price than what att sells their phones outright or even maybe a used one.

Over here on Verizon i have my old HTC Thunderbolt. Unfortunately Verizon has gone to micro sim cards, so if my MAXX kicks i will have to go get a new sim at a Verizon store before i can use it again.

I had no idea Verizon went to micro sim. So that leads me to a question. Before my phone I have now I had a 4s I cut my card to fit in the slot then after I got my phone I have now I has to buy a 4g sim so my question is, if you can switch out sims on att could you unlock a phone on Verizon that has sims and still be with att just use a Verizon phone?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking just buying a off contract phone either new at a lower price than what att sells their phones outright or even maybe a used one.

I had no idea Verizon went to micro sim. So that leads me to a question. Before my phone I have now I had a 4s I cut my card to fit in the slot then after I got my phone I have now I has to buy a 4g sim so my question is, if you can switch out sims on att could you unlock a phone on Verizon that has sims and still be with att just use a Verizon phone?

Supposedly it can be done on the global capable phones. I haven't taken the time to find the source material but it has supposedly been done with the DROID Bionic. DROID 4, RAZR, RAZR MAXX, and HTC Rezound are all supposedly global capable as well.

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly it can be done on the global capable phones. I haven't taken the time to find the source material but it has supposedly been done with the DROID Bionic. DROID 4, RAZR, RAZR MAXX, and HTC Rezound are all supposedly global capable as well.

I might have to do some research on that.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought a dirt cheap Samsung flip for emergencies. I figured out a way to get most of the functionality of the smartphone, albeit in a slower more tedious way.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Being a brand new ATT customer I gots nothing at the moment! I came from Sprint so none of my old phones will work any longer. I'm thinking about getting an HP Pre 3 for back up. Haven't really looked yet though.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost embarrassed to admit my backup is a ZTE Salute. :-[ Crappy little dumb phone that I used for a few months after my original RAZR died and before I finally embraced smartphones with a Thunderbolt. Yah, I was an ol' smartphone luddite. :-[