Thinking about At&t

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay so now that the nexus news has passed, are there any DC area users on this thread that can share with me their 3G or hspa experience on att so I can make my final decision on if it will be the nexus 4 or gs3?

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am with Sprint and the data speeds are terrible. Not many dropped calls though which is good. I am looking to switch to ATT. HSPA+ speeds are good and from what I have seen LTE speeds are simply amazing. Also, the surfing and texting on HSPA+ and LTE is a nice feature. I hate when I can't look anything up on the web while on a call. Do you ATT customers use the simultaneous surfing and talking much?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about them, but I use my Verizon 4g phone to surf n talk a lot. That is why I sold my iPhone 5, because I couldn't do that on it on Verizon.

I am now one of those waiting to see when my Nexus 4 will arrive. I plan to surf n talk on Straight Talk next!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about them, but I use my Verizon 4g phone to surf n talk a lot. That is why I sold my iPhone 5, because I couldn't do that on it on Verizon.

I am now one of those waiting to see when my Nexus 4 will arrive. I plan to surf n talk on Straight Talk next!

Ya some of the newer Verizon phones have simultaneous talking and surfing capabilities but ony in 4G. As you know, 4G is in many cities but its not everywhere.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ya some of the newer Verizon phones have simultaneous talking and surfing capabilities but ony in 4G. As you know, 4G is in many cities but its not everywhere.

All the 4g phones will also talk n surf in 3g mode as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not all of them. Both the Note 2 and the Droid DNA are not SVDO compatible. They don't have the ability to talk and surf on the 3g network.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not all of them. Both the Note 2 and the Droid DNA are not SVDO compatible. They don't have the ability to talk and surf on the 3g network.

Huh, didn't know that. I thought all the Verizon 4g phones (newer ones) could. I know my Rezound does...

Thanks for correcting me! Never too old to learn!! LOL.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Huh, didn't know that. I thought all the Verizon 4g phones (newer ones) could. I know my Rezound does...

Thanks for correcting me! Never too old to learn!! LOL.

Ha! I hear you. Sorry for the bad news.