Question about exchanging devices

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my one x about 3 weeks ago, and I wanted to exchange it for the Galaxy S3. But I won't have the money to pay the price difference between the two devices until after my 30 days are up. Is there a way that AT&T could put the difference onto my next bill?

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. I have always had to pay the full amount for the phone at time of purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that one happening. It's worth a shot though. Let us know how you like it coming off the one X if it does happen though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar question, I just purchased the Xperia ion teo days ago and just yesterday At&t already announced the Xperia TL will be released near the end of this month. Is it possible I can return/exchange for the TL when it comes out? I did so much research on the ion before I bought it because I wanted to be sure I was set for 2013, last year I jumped the gun on the atrix 2 and missed out on the HTC vivid LTE. I dont want a repeat of last year, am I am disappointed that my phone will be outdated already after only owning it for three days now. the TL has the S4 CPU a new curved design and 4.04 preinstalled with a promise to deliver 4.1, something I'm not sure the ion will see.

sorry if I posted in wrong topic/forum. didn't want to make a whole new thread about returns if there already was a page on it.

Sent from my LT28at using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You can go to the store where you bought it. Ask to speak to a manager and let them know your story. They may push out the exchange date. My local ATT store did for me when I pre-ordered the S3 when I had the HOX. They let me return 5 days later even. So it really depends on the store.

Give it a shot and let us know!

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I will try talking to them and hopefully we can work something out. I will post back here when I get the word.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I will try talking to them and hopefully we can work something out. I will post back here when I get the word.

So YOU'RE the reason why AT&T just shortened the exchange period to 2 weeks. Thanks a LOT! (mutters incoherently)

:)

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha wait when did they do that? I called AT&T and also Best Buy and they both said I can return it within 30 days.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So YOU'RE the reason why AT&T just shortened the exchange period to 2 weeks. Thanks a LOT! (mutters incoherently)

:)

HAHA! This is why my next phone will be bought through Best Buy or something. The return policy is still 30 days through them.

But yes you are partly correct! :p

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha wait when did they do that? I called AT&T and also Best Buy and they both said I can return it within 30 days.

The policy was changed on October 7. Since you picked yours up prior to that, you obviously still have the 30-day policy since that was in effect when you got it.

And as cgardner mentioned - Best Buy's policy is still different. What has changed is AT&T's direct-sales return policy. If you buy your phone through a partner with a more generous return policy, then obviously that policy applies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084