Question about switching between iPhone, Atrix, and Infuse on AT&T

volvodr66

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I think I already know the answer but I thought I would run it by the experts here before hand for a little reassurance. I have three phones on the AT&T network that have all been active on my account at one time or the other with the same number. I have the unlimited data plan grandfathered in from before. I have switched from an iPhone 3gs to an iPhone 4, to an Atrix, to an Infuse and now back to an iPhone 4. Usually I just go by a store and have them switch out the sim card and then make the adjustment in the computer to make sure I still get the unlimited data plan when switching from one phone to the other and everything just works great and life goes on. The only issue is switching from the micro to the mini sim and back. Well, I have or can make an adapter to take care of that issue now.

My question is if I take the sim card out of my iPhone 4 and put in back in my Infuse 4G, which I previously used on this same number, I know my Infuse would just start working. I also know the unlimited data plan is different for the iPhone 4 and the Infuse which is going from an iPhone unlimited to a smartphone unlimited. I know that since I'm grandfathered in, I can still make the switch and keep my unlimited plan, but my question is if I switch the sim and receive the text message saying my data plan will be automatically switched to the proper one, my experience is that it usually goes to the correct unlimited plan for that phone. At least I have been able to do this twice before in the past three years. The same happens if I were to switch back to the iPhone 4 again months later.

Do I switch sim cards and wait 6-8 hours and see what happens and then check on-line to see what happened to the plan changes or should I just go ahead and go through the trouble of calling and speaking to a representative to try and explain what I want to do and somehow get them to understand I want to switch phones and retain the same data plan. My experience is the less the representatives are involved, usually the better chances of things not getting screwed up so badly.

I certainly don't want to risk losing the unlimited data plan on my and my wife's phones that we have had for so long though.

I apologize for the long post and appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I already know the answer but I thought I would run it by the experts here before hand for a little reassurance. I have three phones on the AT&T network that have all been active on my account at one time or the other with the same number. I have the unlimited data plan grandfathered in from before. I have switched from an iPhone 3gs to an iPhone 4, to an Atrix, to an Infuse and now back to an iPhone 4. Usually I just go by a store and have them switch out the sim card and then make the adjustment in the computer to make sure I still get the unlimited data plan when switching from one phone to the other and everything just works great and life goes on. The only issue is switching from the micro to the mini sim and back. Well, I have or can make an adapter to take care of that issue now.

My question is if I take the sim card out of my iPhone 4 and put in back in my Infuse 4G, which I previously used on this same number, I know my Infuse would just start working. I also know the unlimited data plan is different for the iPhone 4 and the Infuse which is going from an iPhone unlimited to a smartphone unlimited. I know that since I'm grandfathered in, I can still make the switch and keep my unlimited plan, but my question is if I switch the sim and receive the text message saying my data plan will be automatically switched to the proper one, my experience is that it usually goes to the correct unlimited plan for that phone. At least I have been able to do this twice before in the past three years. The same happens if I were to switch back to the iPhone 4 again months later.

Do I switch sim cards and wait 6-8 hours and see what happens and then check on-line to see what happened to the plan changes or should I just go ahead and go through the trouble of calling and speaking to a representative to try and explain what I want to do and somehow get them to understand I want to switch phones and retain the same data plan. My experience is the less the representatives are involved, usually the better chances of things not getting screwed up so badly.

I certainly don't want to risk losing the unlimited data plan on my and my wife's phones that we have had for so long though.

I apologize for the long post and appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

It shouldn't change anything but if you don't feel comfortable always call to be sure. Better safe than sorry!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech