Straight talk

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Looking to buy a gs2 for att and use a straight talk sim (att sim). I was wondering if this has caused issues with anyone else? Like internet and such. Or does it work perfect 24/7 for you guys?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
as long as its a at&t phone and you put straight talks apn settings into the phone you will have everything working. keep in mind that straight talk will throttle your data after about 2 gigs. but the first 2 gigs will be at&t 3g speeds. which are pretty decent.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
as long as its a at&t phone and you put straight talks apn settings into the phone you will have everything working. keep in mind that straight talk will throttle your data after about 2 gigs. but the first 2 gigs will be at&t 3g speeds. which are pretty decent.

I thought if you bought the unlimited data plan you were only throttled if you went over 200mb per day, which is about 6 gig a month.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought if you bought the unlimited data plan you were only throttled if you went over 200mb per day, which is about 6 gig a month.

Reality is no one really knows the "cut off number". It seems to vary per person. For padding I tell people if you use over 100megs a day I'd look else where for service. I use my data on att and most days I dont even break 25 meg. Granted I don't stream anything.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Reality is no one really knows the "cut off number". It seems to vary per person. For padding I tell people if you use over 100megs a day I'd look else where for service. I use my data on att and most days I dont even break 25 meg. Granted I don't stream anything.

I average 70 mb per day, not counting wifi.

zarxic

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
If Straight Talk even offers AT&T any more. I've been looking around their site for about a week, just waiting to pull the trigger on an AT&T sim (no T-Mobile in my area). The site has almost entirely eliminated any mention of AT&T. You can only choose unlocked GSM or T-Mobile as options now.

Then I think ST would be fine to you. Save your self some cash! Plus if it does fail you can always move on without being in a contract!

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If Straight Talk even offers AT&T any more. I've been looking around their site for about a week, just waiting to pull the trigger on an AT&T sim (no T-Mobile in my area). The site has almost entirely eliminated any mention of AT&T. You can only choose unlocked GSM or T-Mobile as options now.

Walmart.com still sells Straight Talk AT&T SIM cards. As a disclaimer, I didn't try to order one, and some buyers have reported orders either not going through or being cancelled later, but others have successfully ordered them.

SIM card: Straight Talk AT&T Compatible SIM Card - Walmart.com

Micro SIM card: Purchase the Straight Talk AT&T Compatible Micro SIM Card at an always low price from Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol