Sprint contract is up so..

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My contract with Sprint is up and after 7 years I'm thinking of making the change.
Verizon plans are too much work to understand. While ATT is not much different I understand it better when i go to their site.
I plan to get either the Note 2 or the GS3 and i phone for my daughter. 4 gigs seems good. Coming from Sprint I never worried about going over although I only got 3g and never 4g let alone 4g LTE. Do you guys have to keep checking your data usage or stress about whether your going over your limit? I don't mind paying more at ATT but worried about worrying all the time lol.
Is their a way of getting alerts saying approaching data limit or something like that?
Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My contract with Sprint is up and after 7 years I'm thinking of making the change.
Verizon plans are too much work to understand. While ATT is not much different I understand it better when i go to their site.
I plan to get either the Note 2 or the GS3 and i phone for my daughter. 4 gigs seems good. Coming from Sprint I never worried about going over although I only got 3g and never 4g let alone 4g LTE. Do you guys have to keep checking your data usage or stress about whether your going over your limit? I don't mind paying more at ATT but worried about worrying all the time lol.
Is their a way of getting alerts saying approaching data limit or something like that?

Jus,
If you log into your Sprint account right now it will tell you how much data your using per month. With att you can do the same thing. I also set my phone to tell warn me when I get past the 2/3's mark in my data. I have 3gigs of data. So at around 2gigs it will warn me. Att will also send you a text message warning you within 500megs of your data cap. If you go over you will be paying $10 a gig on top of your normal bill. Even if its only a few megs.
I hope this helps you out and answered your questions! I to switched from Sprint and att so far has been a lot better! Coverage and all.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I switched to TMOBILE last week after being with Sprint for 10 years. Im on one of their new unlimited 4G plans.. Im very happy with it. Coverage where i spend 99% of my time is the same and my data speeds are vastly improved over Sprint.

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanx guys. I hate change and after 7 years at Sprint I was comfortable. I decided to go with AT&T. 4g LTE and the AAT&T store and down the street at the Sprint store still the same ol 3G and slow at that.
Verizon was an option but if i have to keep going over your plan to figure it out , no thanks.
Now it's between the HTC One X + and the SG3 unless the Note 2's price drops by monday.

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Between those two phones, the SIII. The One X does not have an SD slot and you cannot replace the battery (non replaceable battery). Plus the S3 has 1g more of ram.

My wife has the S3 and loves it. I recently got the Note 2. If you can swing it, you will not be disappointed in the Note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought about going with Verizon when my contract was up with Sprint a couple of months ago, but I just can't let go of my SERO plan which gives me unlimited everything on my Galaxy Nexus for $50 a month. Wife has the same plan. I have great coverage from both Verizon and Sprint

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanx guys. I hate change and after 7 years at Sprint I was comfortable. I decided to go with AT&T. 4g LTE and the AAT&T store and down the street at the Sprint store still the same ol 3G and slow at that.
Verizon was an option but if i have to keep going over your plan to figure it out , no thanks.
Now it's between the HTC One X + and the SG3 unless the Note 2's price drops by monday.

I have an S3 on att. Like you I also left Sprint. HSPA+ in my area blows Sprint out of the water! I don't regret it. Pick up an S3.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I was with Sprint 7 years made move to ATT in November for their version of Galaxy Note 2 .
Better hardware , CS and coverage/Data Speeds.
No regrets here

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Note 2 is $199 @ amazon wireless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE

Amazon had the Galaxy s3 for 79.99 so I went to BB and picked up 2. I know the price on the Note 2 will drop from 199.99 within the month so I'll take the GS3 and swap.
Plus I called ATT and they waived the 72.00 activation fee :). Daughter is glad I refused to pay for an iphone lol and has been on her GS3 nonstop.
Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: UPDATE

Amazon had the Galaxy s3 for 79.99 so I went to BB and picked up 2. I know the price on the Note 2 will drop from 199.99 within the month so I'll take the GS3 and swap.
Plus I called ATT and they waived the 72.00 activation fee :). Daughter is glad I refused to pay for an iphone lol and has been on her GS3 nonstop.
Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it.
AT&T waved my activation fee as well & credited my account 10.00 for having to swap due to 1st device being defective.
The funny thing is one of the reasons I bailed from Sprint is because they refused to wave activation fee on upgrade to Note2......oh & it gets better.
18 months into contract I had to buy out contract 175.00 to get any kind of discount on device so Sprint Note2 cost me 475.00 + activation fee.
7 years with a company & to get treated like that is unacceptable , I sold the thing on Craigslist for 500.00 , Sold my Epic 4G Touch for 200.00 made a visit to ATT corp store.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Jus,
If you log into your Sprint account right now it will tell you how much data your using per month. With att you can do the same thing. I also set my phone to tell warn me when I get past the 2/3's mark in my data. I have 3gigs of data. So at around 2gigs it will warn me. Att will also send you a text message warning you within 500megs of your data cap. If you go over you will be paying $10 a gig on top of your normal bill. Even if its only a few megs.
I hope this helps you out and answered your questions! I to switched from Sprint and att so far has been a lot better! Coverage and all.
x2

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I made the switch from Sprint to AT&T as well and I couldn't be happier!!

I chose the 5GB data plan on AT&T which is just the right amount for me. I don't stress it al all for a few reasons; 1) The My AT&T app on my phone allows me to check how much data I've used and updates pretty quickly, and 2) I set an alert on my phone to let me know when I get to 3.5GB. you ca set it to whatever you want really.

I only used that much because of the newness and because I could download things much quicker than on Sprint.....lol