Finally kicking Sprinty to the curb, Do I want a One X+ or Galaxy S3??

Mortified

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally getting rid of Sprint and coming over to AT&T. Just need some advice, do I want to go with the HTC One X+ or Samsung Galaxy S3?

I've had two HTC phones on Sprint and I loved the build quality and durability. My wife has the Galaxy S2 for Sprint and likes it also.

I like the fact that the One X+ has a quad core processor but I don't like that it only has 1gb of ram where the S3 has 2gb but only a dual core.

Battery life seemed to be pretty close, but I think the One X+ had a little better battery rating.

What do you guys think??

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Why not a nexus 4, galaxy 3?
Congrats on leaving Sprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your timing, but looks like ATT will get the new M7 by HTC, which should be an upgrade to both those phones.

Mortified

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The M7 has a 5" correct? If so that is too big for my taste. I personally think the two I am looking at have pretty big screens and I don't want to go any bigger than that.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally getting rid of Sprint and coming over to AT&T. Just need some advice, do I want to go with the HTC One X+ or Samsung Galaxy S3?

I've had two HTC phones on Sprint and I loved the build quality and durability. My wife has the Galaxy S2 for Sprint and likes it also.

I like the fact that the One X+ has a quad core processor but I don't like that it only has 1gb of ram where the S3 has 2gb but only a dual core.

Battery life seemed to be pretty close, but I think the One X+ had a little better battery rating.

What do you guys think??

Galaxy S III is the easy choice.

Why?

HTC has a lot of battery issues with their phones after a few months. That great battery life turns into horrible. Their battery technology SUCKS! Instead of them realizing it and fixing the problem they now make their phones where you can't remove the battery. Terrible idea for some company that can't even make a decent battery. I have customers who want to return the droid dna because the battery life is already in a serious decline.

The galaxy S III is essentially the flagship android device. This means you'll have more accessories to choose from, more dev support, and a much better chance of getting updates.

This phone also has the absolute best feature set of any phone of any OS. No android phone has caught up.

The quad core vs dual core isn't that serious because most apps don't take advantage and haven't been written for quad cores, sometimes not even dual

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S III is the easy choice.

Why?

HTC has a lot of battery issues with their phones after a few months. That great battery life turns into horrible. Their battery technology SUCKS! Instead of them realizing it and fixing the problem they now make their phones where you can't remove the battery. Terrible idea for some company that can't even make a decent battery. I have customers who want to return the droid dna because the battery life is already in a serious decline.

The galaxy S III is essentially the flagship android device. This means you'll have more accessories to choose from, more dev support, and a much better chance of getting updates.

This phone also has the absolute best feature set of any phone of any OS. No android phone has caught up.

The quad core vs dual core isn't that serious because most apps don't take advantage and haven't been written for quad cores, sometimes not even dual

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I have both phones and battery life is similar, neither is worse than the other.

I've also had 3 one x's (first 2 had SIM card issues) and there was no noticeable battery decline even after LTE launched in my city.

I still prefer the UI, screen and overall hardware on the one x vs the gs3.

Good luck choosing!!!

IBM Kid

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
What a lot of people forget is that the s4 processor in the galaxy s3 uses a more powerful architecture than that of the tegra 3. What this means is that the dual core is nearly as powerful as the tegra 3. Add in the fact that almost nothing other than benchmarks can take full advantage of quad core processors and the doubling of ram and the s3 becomes the more powerful phone.

Also if you don't like touch wiz you can use something like apex or nova launcher. The rest of touch wiz is not very distracting and some of the features are pretty useful.

Overall its up to you. Also remember that the s3 has a larger hacking community if you ever want to put CM10.1 on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the standard HOX when it came out. But I ended up retunring it for the S3. S3 features are just better over all. Multitasking isn't broken either!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

What do you guys think??
Forget those Galaxy Note 2 is what you want.
Size is bigger but you will get use to it after a couple days & will be hooked on 5+ smartphone displays.
Battery Life is AMAZING!!
Speed and function is A+++

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I switched last week from Sprint after 7 1/2 years. I looked at the HOX+ but I had the GS3 on Sprint for a week an liked it. I picked up 2 with AT&T and haven't regreted it. Phone is smooth, battery life is not bad but I usually have a charger in the car so regardless I have a charge. I did like the feel of the HOX+ but with the popularity of the GS# never have to look hard for accessories. Now if Amazon drops the Note 2 to 169,99 like Sprint within the month I will grab it.

What do you guys think??

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I switched last week from Sprint after 7 1/2 years. I looked at the HOX+ but I had the GS3 on Sprint for a week an liked it. I picked up 2 with AT&T and haven't regreted it. Phone is smooth, battery life is not bad but I usually have a charger in the car so regardless I have a charge. I did like the feel of the HOX+ but with the popularity of the GS# never have to look hard for accessories. Now if Amazon drops the Note 2 to 169,99 like Sprint within the month I will grab it.
Right on well hopefully GN2 price drops for you.
Nothing like listing to streaming feed on Tunein Radio for 2 hours and only losing 5% battery life.
GN2 is a rock solid device all the way around 6.5 to 7Hr screen on time is pretty amazing you will never have to worry about battery.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Size is bigger but you will get use to it after a couple days & will be hooked on 5+ smartphone displays.

OP already said they don't want anything bigger than the HOX+/SGS3.

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Go with the GS3... I was going to suggest the GN2 but you said that 5" is too big for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Mortified

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
We went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up two Galaxy S3's. I had them price match them to Amazon Wireless' price of $79.99 and then I got the $50 gift card/credit off of them as well. So I walked out of there with two S3's for $70 WITH TAX!! Not too shabby!

The phones are great. I had mine rooted and CM10 installed within half an hour of getting home. The wife decided she didn't want me messing with hers so she is going stock. All in all, I think we made the right choice.

Thanks for your help guys!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Amazon is truly killing me at work!

Can't sell nearly as much as I should with them coming with prices that low.

How do they do it?

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
We went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up two Galaxy S3's. I had them price match them to Amazon Wireless' price of $79.99 and then I got the $50 gift card/credit off of them as well. So I walked out of there with two S3's for $70 WITH TAX!! Not too shabby!

The phones are great. I had mine rooted and CM10 installed within half an hour of getting home. The wife decided she didn't want me messing with hers so she is going stock. All in all, I think we made the right choice.

Thanks for your help guys!

Good deal! Glad you are happy. Enjoy your phones and your new network! :) :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

So true! I am on Verizon and think the Note2 is the BEST. Sure gets alot of attention and all positive

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2