VZ contract nearly up - thinking of switching and need feedback

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Our contract is up in a couple months and I am thinking of switching from VZ to AT&T. I had AT&T prior to VZ and had dropped call issues, but I have heard this had improved dramatically over the last couple years. The reason I am considering a switch is the I would save some money on the Mobile share plan versus VZ Share everything plan. I also like the idea of having GSM phones, which seem more flexible in the event we travel out of the country.

I travel over a 3 state area for my job and good service and data are of obvious importance to me. Can anyone provide specific feed back on how coverage is in Nebraska, western Iowa and eastern South Dakota? Looking at the maps on AT&T web page shows some pockets of no service, but that doesn't always mean anything. I would like some real "on the ground" reports. The metro areas should be okay, but the outlying areas are my biggest concern. I live in the west part of Omaha.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me their .02.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If no one replies for some odd reason you can always get a phone for 30 days to see how it works for you! I love att here in Vermont. Coverage is strong including all of the areas I travel. NH, Boston MA and so on!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought about that and will definitely do it if I don't get some feedback. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
+1! He is correct. Go to Best Buy instead. They still have the 30 day return policy.

Best buy does not have a 30 day policy either. Source : me I am a best buy mobile manager lol. We have to abide by the carriers return policy. But with best buy you will get a 30 day exchange policy. Which means you'll get 30 days to exchange for a phone on the same network I.e going from a iPhone to a galaxy s3 on AT&T. However, after your 14 days is up you will have to abide by AT&T terms and conditions and if you try to return after 14 days you will be charged an early termination fee.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I always buy my phones at BB because of their return policy. I was aware that the carriers have their own policy too. Thanks for bringing it up though. BB also has the best protection plan IMO, and no I don't work for them.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I always buy my phones at BB because of their return policy. I was aware that the carriers have their own policy too. Thanks for bringing it up though. BB also has the best protection plan IMO, and no I don't work for them.

Thanks for keeping us in a job! Yeah unfortunately we have to abide by their return policy due to contracts that you sign with them. Our protection plan is great! :) however our exchange policy is longer than carriers (30 days) and no restocking fees!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for keeping us in a job! Yeah unfortunately we have to abide by their return policy due to contracts that you sign with them. Our protection plan is great! :) however our exchange policy is longer than carriers (30 days) and no restocking fees!

Actually I am RZ silver so I take advatange of the 60 day exchange. I try to always put in a good word for BB. I like having a real brick and mortar store to shop at. Glad to see the price matching going on now.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually I am RZ silver so I take advatange of the 60 day exchange. I try to always put in a good word for BB. I like having a real brick and mortar store to shop at. Glad to see the price matching going on now.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

That's right RZ premier get 60 day exchange policy, thanks for being part of the best buy fam! We now have mobile stores now in malls and off malls as well for convenience :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante