Transfer from Verizon with AT&T preorder HELP PLEASE

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's my situation. My brother and I own a business and he left Verizon before me and opened a small business account with AT&T. My Verizon contract is up and I'm just waiting for the One to land before I switch. I called today to see what steps I would need to take as it nears launch time for this phone. I was told that I can't preorder the phone(when they start taken preorders) without having an active line established first. So am I to understand that a new AT&T customer can't preorder a phone? She told me my options are to find an old AT&T phone and port my number now before the preorder or go into a store on launch day and do it then. Does anyone have any ideas around this? Thanks.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
ATT rep pushed you in the right direction.
If Preorder is a must have visit corp store & start service with old device then do pre order.
Just to be safe check with store manager to make sure preorder will be a new customer price before signing on.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for confirming. It's not a must I guess. It's just that we have two single plans right now paying too much. I'm used to preordering phones. I understand the logistics but it seems weird to me that a new customer can't preorder a phone.......I guess I've never even thought about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair