Grandfathered individual unlimited data change to family plan

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Friend of mine currently has a grandfathered individual line on AT&T, he is considering adding someone and changing it to a family plan, in the event he does this, would he lose his grandfathered unlimited on his line?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe so.. If you change the plan at all they try and get you off it. They will probably try and force him to the share plan.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Friend of mine currently has a grandfathered individual line on AT&T, he is considering adding someone and changing it to a family plan, in the event he does this, would he lose his grandfathered unlimited on his line?

Lets hope so. It doesn't take much above the eyes to conclude that two, three, four or more on the family plan are certainly going to use much more data. Why in heck should any provider including ATT give away unlimited data to all those that he would add by the family plan? They contracted for unlimited use by ONE person, and they should not have to offer the unlimited plan free to additional persons.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This topic has been answered long ago but just for information purposes. ... I was grandfathered in and added a line and changed to family plan. I kept my unlimited data but my wife had to get one of those capped data plans. I just did an upgrade for both myself and my wife and I still kept my unlimited data.

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You can keep it but ONLY for your line. Do not get a share everything plan and you should be all set. Just make sure you tell att that you wanna keep your line.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers