Data service on AT&T's 2G network

stevenrm1

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
FYI

While using data on AT&T's 2G network you will miss phone calls. While transfering data AT&T's 2G network will not allow an incoming call notification to come through. They do not have their network setup to temperally suspend the data transfer to alert you of a call. What this means is that while in a 2G area and you are browsing the web, downloading apps, downloading email, or using google navigation, you will miss phone calls. The only way that you will know that you have missed a call is if the caller chooses to leave a voice mail, other than that you will have no clue. I have contacted AT&T about this and they have told me that that is just how it is. They suggested that I have as many AT&T customers call in and complain so that a Network Quality ticket can be issued, this will bring this issue up on the priority list and hopefully motivate someone to fix it. I am posting this in hopes that everyone who reads this will test and make the phone call.

Please post your results to help keep everyone informed on our status of this issue, thanks.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I previously had a ATT Tilt WinMo6.1 phone. I had 3G off because of either radio or ROM issues it would not keep a 3g connection. I never missed a call on it while using data. Not that I received that many calls, but it would ring through while browsing or the constant email checking that it did. The data did stop when a call was received. So definitely could not do both at once, but data did not block calls.

breakmedown

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an issue either. We don't have 3G around here so all I use is the EDGE network and even when downloading apps or browsing the internet I get calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11