My billing cycle ends on the 24th and to date I have used 10GB+ this month and got the dreaded 5GB throttle text from AT&T when I close to 5 (well over a week ago). However, I've noticed zero throttling. Today I even ran a test and got 30/14. Is the throttling for the entire next billing cycle? As I understood it, it was for the remaining cycle of the current bill.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-24-2013 05:07 PM
    My billing cycle ends on the 24th and to date I have used 10GB+ this month and got the dreaded 5GB throttle text from AT&T when I close to 5 (well over a week ago). However, I've noticed zero throttling. Today I even ran a test and got 30/14. Is the throttling for the entire next billing cycle? As I understood it, it was for the remaining cycle of the current bill.
    From what I understand they are only throttling the top 5 percent of data users these days. I haven't been throttled and I bypass 5gigs a lot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2013 05:09 PM
    From what I understand they are only throttling the top 5 percent of data users these days. I haven't been throttled and I bypass 5gigs a lot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting, thanks for the info.
    07-24-2013 06:14 PM
    Abuse it while you got it! .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-25-2013 12:41 AM
    Abuse it while you got it! .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Bout damn time

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    07-28-2013 08:21 PM
    Is there an account easy way to talk to an admin? I lost my old account i forgot what email i sent it to i thought i sent it to my gmail but it seems i edited the wrong address so when i forgot my password it sent it to an email i believe yahoo has deleted so im basically screwed it was changen_man

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    07-28-2013 08:24 PM
    I got the 5GB text on Friday, nine days before the end of the billing cycle, and on Saturday noticed I was apparently being throttled -- SpeedTest showed appallingly slow speeds of around 0.5 Mbps. I even rebooted, and I still got the same results. Today I'm back to normal speeds, even though my billing cycle doesn't end for another six days. I don't get it.
    09-23-2013 07:54 AM
    I got the 5GB text on Friday, nine days before the end of the billing cycle, and on Saturday noticed I was apparently being throttled -- SpeedTest showed appallingly slow speeds of around 0.5 Mbps. I even rebooted, and I still got the same results. Today I'm back to normal speeds, even though my billing cycle doesn't end for another six days. I don't get it.
    It may not have anything to do with AT&T throttling you. Next time it happens inside your billing cycle, check with someone you know on AT&T. See if they are having the same speed issues you do.
    09-24-2013 08:33 PM
    It may not have anything to do with AT&T throttling you. Next time it happens inside your billing cycle, check with someone you know on AT&T. See if they are having the same speed issues you do.
    Possible, but I don't recall ever having those kind of poky speeds ever on my Note 2, save for when I'm inadvertently connected to some third-rate free wifi. Still, it was just for the better part of that Saturday, and has not returned since (with two days to go now in the billing cycle), so maybe it was just a problem with the network.
    grenefroggie likes this.
    09-27-2013 01:12 PM
    Possible, but I don't recall ever having those kind of poky speeds ever on my Note 2, save for when I'm inadvertently connected to some third-rate free wifi. Still, it was just for the better part of that Saturday, and has not returned since (with two days to go now in the billing cycle), so maybe it was just a problem with the network.
    I have had great luck with AT&T. I don't have problems with customer service or cell service. I can't complain. I have been with them for 10 years. Before that I had Sprint, and SMS/MMS/data hadn't even taken off.
    09-28-2013 11:28 AM
    I have had great luck with AT&T. I don't have problems with customer service or cell service. I can't complain. I have been with them for 10 years. Before that I had Sprint, and SMS/MMS/data hadn't even taken off.
    That's what I mean -- my service with AT&T has always been quite good. Other than being a bit pricey, I've had no reason to complain. Certainly not with their LTE service. I never use wifi outside of the house, it's always magnitudes slower.
    09-28-2013 05:15 PM