Finally can leave Afee&fee for their BS throttling

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Who is thinking about switching to the T mobile etf trade in program. I heard you can trade in any phone, working or not. I hope the galaxy s5 comes out in March and the program lasts till then. Suck it Afee&fee :p

Don't do it!!! I have both but I do not have a signal at all with Tmobile. I rely on Wifi calling just to be able to make calls. When I spoke with Tmobile cust. serv. they said that I am surrounded by towers. Do you know what they offered me since my service sucks so bad? Absolutely nothing!!! I am in a contract with them for 365 more days!!! I have begged to be released from my contract but they will not do it. I am counting down the days until I can cancel my line. Why don't you do a trial with them for a few days rather than locking yourself into a contract.

sent from my AT&T GN2

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it!!! I have both but I do not have a signal at all with Tmobile. I rely on Wifi calling just to be able to make calls. When I spoke with Tmobile cust. serv. they said that I am surrounded by towers. Do you know what they offered me since my service sucks so bad? Absolutely nothing!!! I am in a contract with them for 365 more days!!! I have begged to be released from my contract but they will not do it. I am counting down the days until I can cancel my line. Why don't you do a trial with them for a few days rather than locking yourself into a contract.

sent from my AT&T GN2

Where are you located? Im in southern cali and the service here is pretty good from what I hear.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Exactly... Saying "UNLIMITED DATA" doesn't mean HIGHSPEED!!! Boost Mobile touts "UNLIMITED DATA"... But only for the first 2.5 gigs....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate that! Why does it drop all the way from 4G to EDGE... ugh

To make you get a higher plan of course.. Otherwise everyone would just chose the low option and wouldn't care if they were throttled since it would still work.. So no one would be on the higher plans :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Good Thinking... and what do you think they will do if they follow suit with TMOBILE... Tmobile is turning off their 2G EDGE Network and making it 4G LTE.... I assume they will just LOWER your speeds, rather then restricting you to Edge...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Good Thinking... and what do you think they will do if they follow suit with TMOBILE... Tmobile is turning off their 2G EDGE Network and making it 4G LTE.... I assume they will just LOWER your speeds, rather then restricting you to Edge...

You are more than likely right. However 5gigs of data is a lot. We have a 10gig share plan that we normally don't go over 3gigs between 2 of our smart phones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yep that's what they'll do. When I was on AT&T "unlimited" and I hit my limit (5 GB ) it would just slow you to dial up (2g) speeds even if you had HSPA or higher.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are more than likely right. However 5gigs of data is a lot. We have a 10gig share plan that we normally don't go over 3gigs between 2 of our smart phones.

Depends on the user as always. I average way higher than 5 or 10 since I really only use wifi at my house. The wifi at my work can't even handle standard Pandora / Google Music streaming :confused:.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the user as always. I average way higher than 5 or 10 since I really only use wifi at my house. The wifi at my work can't even handle standard Pandora / Google Music streaming :confused:.

I see! I just use my works WiFi but I also work in the IT team so it works for us! Either way you are correct. Its all about the user's use.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I went through 8 gigs last month... I must be an addict.. and i use WIFI everywhere still... haha! I must be the guy you see in ANY situation... looking down at his phone... Although that may have been the billing cycle in which i had to use my hotspot for a day at home

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand what is done to use that much data on a normal basis. With the new 10gb plan I stopped using wifi, update all my apps daily, stream pandora an hour a day, online game for about 2hours a day and I barely hit 5gb myself.

:/

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand what is done to use that much data on a normal basis. With the new 10gb plan I stopped using wifi, update all my apps daily, stream pandora an hour a day, online game for about 2hours a day and I barely hit 5gb myself.

:/

Video. HD video can chomp up the data very fast.

Attachments

• 1395084962344.jpg
    1395084962344.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 12

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they can stop the throttling if i call them and threaten to leave?

That won't work. They want people off of unlimited so you threatening to leave would just let them know they are getting what they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy