AT&T: Suspend service while I'm away to avoid paying full monthly cost?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Does AT&T allow me to suspend service for a small fee while I'm out of the country (seasonal/vacation suspension?) thanks! If not I'll just switch it to prepaid while I'm away and change it back to post paid when I come back. I'm out of contract currently as that may matter in any advice you give me. Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Suspend service while I'm away to avoid paying full monthly cost?

Just call AT&T CS and ask. Your out of contract as you mentioned so your not " technically " held to anything. Explain your going on a temp vacation out of the country and would wish to just put the service on hold for a short period of time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You can also log into your account. I believe there is an option there.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

If your referring to just suspending the account my understanding is that it only prevents usage of the line but I would still have to pay the monthly. I was just wondering if there was such a thing with Att where you can suspend the line and only be obligated to pay a small amount of my monthly. I will definitely call Att today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't think so. It would kind of make no sense to suspend a line so you get no service.. But pay for it. To my knowledge suspending a line still keeps the contract in tact but puts the service and monthly charges on hold.. Like freezing it in place till it resumes.

At least that's what I've always understood from military friends suspending their accounts when going overseas.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Did more research.. You're right.. It keeps changing you.

I guess they only do the non charge thing for military people since they can show they are going overseas.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'd call customer service.. It will be the only way to maybe get help with this sort of thing.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
We did this for my brother's line while he was out of the country working. It charged $10 a month. Much less than his part of our family plan usually is. Not sure if this has changed, it was about 2 years ago.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
We did this for my brother's line while he was out of the country working. It charged $10 a month. Much less than his part of our family plan usually is. Not sure if this has changed, it was about 2 years ago.

Oh that would be nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad