Switching from iPhone 5s to Nexus 5

tomc1227

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to move onto my employer's At&t corporate plan, but I can choose from among only one ancient android phone or an iPhone 5s. Being an android fan and a Nexus 5 lover, here's what I'd like to do, and I want to make sure it's possible:

Buy the at&t iPhone 5s (I get the contract price of $199, and the phone is mine to keep)
Buy a Nexus 5
Swap the nano sim from the iPhone into the Nexus 5 using an adapter to fit its micro sim slot
Sell the iPhone on eBay to someone who wants an off-contract 5s on AT&T (looks like I can get a bit more than $500 for it)
Pocket ~$150 and have a better phone :cool:

Is this doable? Will the sim swap work, and will the next owner of the iPhone be able to pop in their AT&T sim without trouble?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to move onto my employer's At&t corporate plan, but I can choose from among only one ancient android phone or an iPhone 5s. Being an android fan and a Nexus 5 lover, here's what I'd like to do, and I want to make sure it's possible:

Buy the at&t iPhone 5s (I get the contract price of $199, and the phone is mine to keep)
Buy a Nexus 5
Swap the nano sim from the iPhone into the Nexus 5 using an adapter to fit its micro sim slot
Sell the iPhone on eBay to someone who wants an off-contract 5s on AT&T (looks like I can get a bit more than $500 for it)
Pocket ~$150 and have a better phone :cool:

Is this doable? Will the sim swap work, and will the next owner of the iPhone be able to pop in their AT&T sim without trouble?

I don't see any reason why not. Test it and if it works, great. Go for it. If not, keep the N5 as a plaything....Lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Should work. You paid for the iPhone so it wouldn't get a bad ESN. I'd go for it :D
If not, then I like Golfdriver's option too

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke