Mobile share plan

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
So ATT rolled out a new mobile share plan...

Any ATT employees care to shed light on this?

So Im trying to see if it makes sense to switch over to the new plan.

Has anyone done the math to compare the old family plan to the new mobile share plan?

Right now I have 5 smartphones at 10gb

$120 for 10gb + $30 each for the 5 lines comes out to $270/month plus taxes.

If I switch over to the new plan.

Its $100 for 10gb + $15 each for the 5 lines comes out to $175 plus taxes.

So I save 95 per month plus the difference in tax.

Does it pay to switch? I have 4 phones still in contract and 1 thats 100% free and clear. When i go upgrade that phone to a 2 year contract (Not the next plan) the rate goes on one phone from 15/month to 40/month. And the same for the other 4 when I decide to upgrade them. If I choose the 2 year contract.

If I go with the next plan...Im paying lets say 32.50/month and zero out of pocket for an iPhone (just to use an example because I have 4 iphones on my plan and a note 3) plus 15 for the service.

Or I can do the 200 for the phone then 40/month until I need another upgrade....

Thoughts??????? Am I really going to save money in the long run?

Why is ATT offering people monthly savings now? Because sooner or later they gonna take it to you???

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So ATT rolled out a new mobile share plan...

Any ATT employees care to shed light on this?

So Im trying to see if it makes sense to switch over to the new plan.

Has anyone done the math to compare the old family plan to the new mobile share plan?

Right now I have 5 smartphones at 10gb

$120 for 10gb + $30 each for the 5 lines comes out to $270/month plus taxes.

If I switch over to the new plan.

Its $100 for 10gb + $15 each for the 5 lines comes out to $175 plus taxes.

So I save 95 per month plus the difference in tax.

Does it pay to switch? I have 4 phones still in contract and 1 thats 100% free and clear. When i go upgrade that phone to a 2 year contract (Not the next plan) the rate goes on one phone from 15/month to 40/month. And the same for the other 4 when I decide to upgrade them. If I choose the 2 year contract.

If I go with the next plan...Im paying lets say 32.50/month and zero out of pocket for an iPhone (just to use an example because I have 4 iphones on my plan and a note 3) plus 15 for the service.

Or I can do the 200 for the phone then 40/month until I need another upgrade....

Thoughts??????? Am I really going to save money in the long run?

Why is ATT offering people monthly savings now? Because sooner or later they gonna take it to you???

No money saved if you want to use your regular 2 year upgrades as it will be better to stay on your current plan. The new plans only save you money if you buy phones outright or use At&t next installment plan. If you switch to the new plans and then decide to use the regular 2 year upgrade then you will be locked into paying the $40 smartphone fee for the duration of the new 2 year contract extension.

Basically if you won't use At&t Next or buy your phone outright why bother with changing your plan as you will pay for it dearly when you do a 2 year susidized upgrade. You pay $30 per phone now, add $10 sting for each line you do a 2 year subsidize upgrade to. If you are the type to do the $199 subsidized upgrade then the new plans will hurt you in the long run as the +$40 smartphone fee each time you do a 2 year subsidized upgrade will sting you pretty bad.

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I get all that...

Im just trying to figure out since everyone on my plan essentially has new phones...does it pay in lets say in a years time to go to the next plan to get new phones or stick with the current plan.

Right now I could potentially save $95/month...so over a year thats a lot of $$$

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I get all that...

Im just trying to figure out since everyone on my plan essentially has new phones...does it pay in lets say in a years time to go to the next plan to get new phones or stick with the current plan.

Right now I could potentially save $95/month...so over a year thats a lot of $$$

It will save you money like I said, but to get the value out of it you need to use those savings to either take advantage of the at&t next or buy a device outright when the time comes. You will save money indeed but then the first time you go back on a 2 year subsidized phone contract you won't.

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Buy outright or next is the same thing. Next is 0% financing over 20 months. Thats the question buy outright at like 600/phone over the period of the contract but save 25/phone per month or pay 200 for the phone and pay 40/month

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm