Bringing in the Play Store Nexus 5

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I currently have no account or phone lines with AT&T. I am wondering though if I buy the Play Store Nexus 5, will I be able to bring it into an AT&T store and sign up for a plan without buying a phone there. I'm sure I will get some cross looks, and that's fine. But I just want to make sure that this is possible. Thanks.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just did this tonight. I was impressed by the CSR in the store. When we sat down to start the procedure she looked at my phone and said, "Is that a Nexus 5?"

Everything went smoothly!

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have no account or phone lines with AT&T. I am wondering though if I buy the Play Store Nexus 5, will I be able to bring it into an AT&T store and sign up for a plan without buying a phone there. I'm sure I will get some cross looks, and that's fine. But I just want to make sure that this is possible. Thanks.

This is actually common these days. In at&t, T-Mobile and stores that sell prepaid services.

slab0meat

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I did this this past Saturday.

And though the rep was overall pretty good, one of the first things he said was that the phone wouldn't be compatible since I was coming from Sprint.. and then he started to say the GSM/CDMA stuff, I cut him off (nicely) and said it'd be just fine, I just need a SIM card. :)

Everything was fine.

howardknoah

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 5 and am testing both AT&T and T-Mobile. Had no problem walking into AT&T and walking out with Sim card. So far AT&T seems the better choice based on coverage where I live.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
When I walked in with mine the one guy said the best thing about it was that it didn't have "all the extra crap added to the rest of the phones" lol.
Well yeah, that's one reason I bought it, that and the $200 savings over most similarly spec'd phones... at least.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21